GC in my RX 330?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guy`s,I have a 2005 Lexus RX 330 and I`m wondering what you oil Guru`s think about me using GC in this vehicle? And what oil filter/oci? I think if I use it,I`m going to reset the ecm and let it re learn on the heavier weight.(I know that sounds retarded,but it`s a sensitive ecm)in this thing.

Thanx in advance
Ryan

Last edited:
I ran GC in our ES 330 and it felt more sluggish until it was up to operating temps. In the Texas summer I really liked it but in our mild winter it felt a bit thick. I am running PP 5w30 now and it feels just right.

Originally Posted By: todds21
I ran GC in our ES 330 and it felt more sluggish until it was up to operating temps. In the Texas summer I really liked it but in our mild winter it felt a bit thick. I am running PP 5w30 now and it feels just right.

Thats the same engine as mine.good to know thanx.

I had been running PP 5w30 in my RX400h (hybrid, but the gas engine is 'almost' the same as in the regular 330. It ran fine, but I found it a bit 'noisy' for lack of a better term when first started.

Have just switched to Toyota 0w20 and it 'seems' to run smoother when started cold, and just fine the rest of the time.

I'm just about 500 miles into a run of GC in my 4 cyl Tacoma, and I'll echo what Todd said...it feels sluggish until it's up to temp. I may dump this load, keep it for summer use, and go back to a 5W-30 for the winter.

What?!? 0w oils feelin' sluggish in the cold?! Impossible!
grin2.gif

The temps have dropped here and M1 0w40 definitely seems sluggish lately until it gets warmed up. Enough of a difference to get me thinking of switching back to PP 5w30 this winter.

Originally Posted By: Dieseldoctor
i'm curious how u can actually feel a 1-2% change in power if that?

Not necessarily a change in power. For me it's a change in how quickly (or slowly) the engine turns over first thing in the morning when cold. There's an obvious difference with the 0w40 over the PP 5w30, more than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back