GC in my 280E Mercedes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have an 82 280E Mercedes. According to the Specs listed on the GC bottle it meets spec called out for my Mercedes. But in my Owners Manual it says I should use a 20W-40 or 20W-50 oil for my climate 0*C +up. I use the GC in my Mazda Miata and the engine loves it (nice and quite HLAs).

I was thinking of using the Shell Rotella Synthetic, but if anyone has good luck with GC in their Mercedes let me know. I don't want to have low oil pressure in the MB due to the oil. I put the Mobil 1 0W-40? in an older VW Golf I had and it was supposedly a "Euro Car" formula at the time, but the motor couldn't build enough oil pressure to pump up the lifters at all.

^ That's the oil I used to run in all my VWs and we ran in our Miata VW Race Cars, but the "Red Top" seems to not be available anylonger (at least around here). I picked up 8 Quarts of Belgian Castrol today the 5W-40 and am going to run that with a bottle of Motor-RX through it. I'm also going to put the Motor-RX in my Miata as well (should clean out the lifters and eliminate any "clack").

The Belgian Castrol lists the MB specs on it, and is of the reccomended Weight for the operating temp. We'll see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back