GC Castrol Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
hayseed wrote: "you can't ship motor oil. I assume he was talking about UPS"

I have oil delivered via UPS often.

Quote:

FWIW, I was told by the nearest Autozone manager that in the US, you can't ship motor oil. I assume he was talking about UPS and the like. I imagine it has to go common carrier with the flamable placards....?

I believe the restrictions apply to air shipments, but if you order a case of Amsoil oil from one of the sponsors of this site, one of the standard delivery services, such as UPS, will make the delivery to your front door.
smile.gif

Motor oil is also sold & shipped every day due to Ebay auctions. Members of this site are constantly shipping oil samples by either UPS or USPS to the labs such as Blackstone.

So point this out to your local Auto Zone manager next time you see him!
cool.gif

Quote:

you have to wonder why Yamaha and Suzuki recommend Motul (and first fill with) when the Castrol alternative is cheaper...
smile.gif
Although Honda use Castrol so there is an arguement there. Or take Lemans, Motul is in more of those cars that any other oil and the amazing thing is that what you buy in the can as 300V is the same stuff that they sell to those racing teams..and that is one of the guarantees from Motul that differentiates it from other manufacturers.

Motul/Castrol PAYS top teams lots of money to endorse their products, not the other way round. Motul is a Yamaha and Suzuki sponsor at MotoGP level while Castrol sponsors some of the satelite Honda teams.

They have some of the deepest pockets in motorsports, being represented in almost anything that is being raced powered by an engine.

The stuff that they race isn't exactly taken off the retail shelf. We'll never know if it is really the same stuff.

Of course it isn't. Racing applications require a racing oil, plain and simple. Such oils would not be appropriate for general usage for a whole host of reasons.

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back