GC 0-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
Yes I read your post and understood thank you. I was commenting on the post(s) and letter from Castrol:)

I am guessing the Current Red Lable NA stuff is green, not the older yellow lable. The yellow was made in '01/'02 according to the date codes.

You guys are insane!
lol.gif
I'll just stick with Amsoil.
fruit.gif

Can someone post a link to the thread that gives the data that this GC 0w30 is better than the Amsoil 0w30?

Or just the Data on the stuff? Why is it the best???
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Formyla:
Can someone post a link to the thread that gives the data that this GC 0w30 is better than the Amsoil 0w30?

Or just the Data on the stuff? Why is it the best???
dunno.gif

I can't remember ever seeing a user thats done back-to-back-to-back tests comparing the two oils.Sounds like a nice challenge to the green elixer freaks to me.Run 3 consecutive UOA's with one,switch to the other,do 3 consecutive UOA's.I imagine what you'll find is that the difference in wear numbers will be in the noise of the accuracy of the lab.
dunno.gif

About the only advantage GC has is that it's a semi-OTC oil.

Try the Autozone.com web page, enter your zip, and see if your local store can order it. Special orders say 3-5 days (and currently in stock).

I just searched parts for keyword Castrol and clicked the 0W-30 link for Syntec. Says you can enter it in your shopping basket too.

Autozone web page for GC

All the link sez is ERROR.....
The purpose of my orignal post was to express my personal frustration with the constant post about GC and the lack thereof.
I see it is still elusive and only available to the few and not the "regular guy".....Just really tired of hearing about it and cannot find nor get it on a off chance nor regular basis...so why is it so constantly endorsed and worshiped? I am happy for the few who can get it...but my question is...why endorse or recommend a product that is not widely available...nor on a regular/consistant basis?
Think about it. I go on a scavenger hunt to find my oil......nevermind.........

quote:

Get your zip code into while doing a store search.

Then try this page: Part search and do a part search for 06068.

For my store it's a 'normal' stock item.
grin.gif

quote:

Do a 'store search' with your zip code (it creates a cookie for your browser).

Then try this page: Part search and do a part search for 06068.

For my store it's a 'normal' stock item.
grin.gif

My A.Z. store has lots of it - surprizingly I got it for $25 for a case of 6.

I followed the Castrol link and since I live in the south they recommended 10w-30 for my Bird

Hummmmm?

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
There is one place where the GC NEVER runs out...and it is fresh...unbelievably fresh.
 -

(You have NO IDEA how tough it was for me to get t h e m to let me show you this.)
wink.gif

It is tough, I know.

I caught 22 of those elusive green elves, lured in w/ my $22 GW bait from 2 of 5 stores I went to elf hunting today...
grin.gif

Found Patmans posts on LS2.com and sample results.
The footwork was worth it
grin.gif

We'll see how it feels

still a test between 0w30 GC and Amsoil would be cool
cheers.gif

Well I guess I can quit my whimpering and crying now cuz I hit the motherload of single cell pink bellied warblers.......three eyed spotted owls....
47 quarts were found at the AutoZone on Junction Hwy. in Kerrville, Texas this morning. 12 of them are now mine. Red Label...made in Germany...green stuff......he said he has lots of it and can get as much as I want. It is all he stocks...said the "other stuff" doesn't sell....$4.25 per quart......now I get to see! I'll stop crybabying now.....

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
It is tough, I know.

I caught 22 of those elusive green elves, lured in w/ my $22 GW bait from 2 of 5 stores I went to elf hunting today...
grin.gif

I hit another store this am and got 5 more for $5.41 incl. tax

Lemme see, I made two returns to switch the yellows to red labels. Both times they screwed up on the refunds and both gave me too much credit(one gave $1.12 more, the other $5.08 more).
dunno.gif
I then added all the purchases(5x) & credit(2x) receipts since yesterday.

I actually paid only $23.03 w/ tax for 27 GCs.
shocked.gif

Two weeks ago,I purchased all the GC in Fargo, ND. I am going back this weekend and will check out if they were restocked with GC or NA or neither.

quote:

Originally posted by BlueOvalFitter:
A couple of weeks ago I went to my local AZ to empty my oil container.I noticed a few cases of GC stocked behind the oil rack.They also had about 20 qts. on the rack.So,anyone who wants it bad enough,travel to Seffner,Florida AZ.

lol.gif

Great! I live in Plant City where there is no GC.
grin.gif

I just hit two AZ'z here in Lancaster. Found 6 in one and 9 in the other. It is on sale for $3.99/qt. I will be doing a UOA in Mobile 1 5W-30 and will be trying the GC followed by a UAO. This is on a 96 Blazer with 63K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back