GC 0-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess my trip to the Steven's Point WI store is off for today..
wink.gif
Not an entirely bad thing I'm thinking. I've got enough for 6 changes but the lure of cheap GC was still calling.
grin.gif

sorry WI... Didn't mean to hog all the GC!! You many want to hit some of the other AZ in WI. The one in Stevens point only has the yellow label left.

Hey it's my fault for
sleeping.gif
I was in there last week and they didn't know about the sale and I couldn't get it to ring up right, didn't know you had to subtotal at the time. Actually, I recounted my stash and I got 6 more quarts than I thought, so I'm good for 7 changes and change. As good as GC seems to be, I hate to get too much of it and not be able to try the next "wonder oil"
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ross:
I just bought the entire stock of GC in Fargo ND and Stevens Point WI. 33 + 16 quarts total.

The clerk in Fargo said that all the new stuff coming in is yellow not red label.

So my truck should be good for the next 3-4 years.

The yellow label was the old design. As of yet, I haven't seen and SM yellow labeled Castrol Syntec. Considering the SM is fairly new, I'd bet that, once again, the AZ clerk was trying to act like he knew what he was talking about, but doing a terrible job.

quote:

Originally posted by krholm:
Quoted from Castrol by Wavinwayne:

Evidence enough for me that the German made Syntec 0W-30 is probably different than the N.A. made product.

While I have no doubt that the N.A. made product is one of very good quality is seems the GC 0W-30 must be a superior product.

But, they also said:
"You can rest assured that Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 available in North America, is the exact same product as Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 manufactured in Germany. "
dunno.gif

Another question:

Is the current (not the old stock) North American Syntec 0w30 red or yellow labeled?
dunno.gif

FWIW, I have not seen ANY North American Syntec 0w30 in my area. It's all GC.
grin.gif
, BUT, I am ultra-paranoid that A.Z. is going to yank it from their shelves soon.
frown.gif

I'll miss you when you're gone, GC.
frown.gif

The current American made Syntec 0W30 is green, as well. Also, the bottles are red label, which makes it hard to differentiate from the German made.

Just look for "Made in Germany" on the back. I got the last of the GC (only 6 quarts) at AutoZone here for $3.99/Qt. It rang $5.39 at the register, but I just waited until it rang at the sale price.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Grossomotto:
The current American made Syntec 0W30 is green, as well. Also, the bottles are red label, which makes it hard to differentiate from the German made.

Thanks for that info. Since you say it's green like GC, & Castrol tells me both GC & NA Syntec 0w30 are exactly the same, I have no problems using American made Syntec 0w30. If it's the same stuff, I couldn't care less where it's made.

quote:

Originally posted by Grossomotto:

Just look for "Made in Germany" on the back. I got the last of the GC (only 6 quarts) at AutoZone here for $3.99/Qt. It rang $5.39 at the register, but I just waited until it rang at the sale price.
grin.gif

Are you sure? I got a few N.A. Syntec and they are NOT GREEN! There are two version of N.A. made Syntec, one is exactly the same with GC bottle (w/o made in Germany) and one with yellow label!

Well, for $1/qt, it is fine!
lol.gif

Well I just drove the 30 miles round trip....bought one quart of 0-30 Castrol Synthetic...yellow labeled 0-30...it ain't green...Is it (GC 0-30) really all that much better to justify all of this? Better say than 0-40 Mobil1 or Amsoil/Red Line/Royal Purple etc? Thank you all for your e-mails and offers to send me this stuff...I humbly observe...this is silly! It (0-30GC) cannot be so much better that it can justify all of this effort and confusion. And for the record...That e-mail from Castrol did not give me a nice warm fuzzy at all...The legend grows......

I refuse to believe they are the same until the US bottle lists the ACEA A3...period.

Only the red GC bottles display the A3 rating at my AZ
thumbsdown.gif

quote:

I refuse to believe they are the same until the US bottle lists the ACEA A3...period

I agree. I'm not seeing much GC around here lately. I'm tired of looking for it. Too many other good oils to chose from. GC is one **** of an oil though. To those that can find it, your lucky.
worshippy.gif

Quoted from Castrol by Wavinwayne:

Evidence enough for me that the German made Syntec 0W-30 is probably different than the N.A. made product.

While I have no doubt that the N.A. made product is one of very good quality is seems the GC 0W-30 must be a superior product.

A couple of weeks ago I went to my local AZ to empty my oil container.I noticed a few cases of GC stocked behind the oil rack.They also had about 20 qts. on the rack.So,anyone who wants it bad enough,travel to Seffner,Florida AZ.

lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
Well I just drove the 30 miles round trip....bought one quart of 0-30 Castrol Synthetic...yellow labeled 0-30...it ain't green...Is it (GC 0-30) really all that much better to justify all of this? Better say than 0-40 Mobil1 or Amsoil/Red Line/Royal Purple etc? Thank you all for your e-mails and offers to send me this stuff...I humbly observe...this is silly! It (0-30GC) cannot be so much better that it can justify all of this effort and confusion. And for the record...That e-mail from Castrol did not give me a nice warm fuzzy at all...The legend grows......

Hey, next time you come to Houston stop by in Katy, both of them here have plenty.
You have PM.

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
Well I just drove the 30 miles round trip....bought one quart of 0-30 Castrol Synthetic...yellow labeled 0-30...it ain't green

I'm going to quote a prvious post that I answered you first question with.

quote:

If the bottle says 0w-30 in yellow, don't bother looking at it. If it is in red, pick it up and look at the back. If it says "Made in Germany", you have a winner.

If it's yellow, let it mellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back