Gave ARX another try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this was some of that AMSOIL with the solids in the bottom!
LOL.gif

j/k AMSOIL guys!

I dunno, it's a real puzzler. Driving habits change? Do you do a lot of stop and go?

The reason I personally believe in Auto-RX is because I tried it, and after either one or two cleanings, an oil leak on a car I used to own simply stopped. I had been told by a mechanic that it would have cost $600.00 to replace the gasket because the engine would have to be removed on the front drive Saturn SL2 car. I had tried some other stuff like Valvoline MaxLife oil and a product that was supposed to stop seal leaks and neither worked. Auto-RX is supposed to be able to stop seal leaks by removing sludge from a gasket and allowing oil to reach the gasket. If a gasket does not have physical damage the Auro-RX might be able to stop the seal leak. There should not have been sludge on the gasket because I was doing 3000 mile/3 month oil changes. But the leak did stop after I did the Auto-X cleaning.

Another reason I do an occasional Auto-RX cleaning is because a lot of guys here say that Auto-RX worked for them. I remember a post by a guy who said that he was a mechanic specializing in Toyota cars and trucks and he observed Auto-RX working in a badly sludged up Toyota engine.

If sludge keeps forming in an engine even after an Auto-RX cleaning there may be another problem like perhaps coolant getting into the oil or something like that.

Too many guys get positive results for Auto-RX to be a fake product.

Last edited:
There is no other product on this board that stirs the souls of some (even those who never used Auto-Rx) We guarantee Auto-Rx to work as specified. Does it come as a surprise the posters with the problems with Auto-Rx never contact me?

Auto-Rx has a patent and i invented it. We have dealers all over the world.

If you want facts go to the Auto-Rx Discussion Board don.t get me wrong the advertising some of these posts generates is welcome. have at it.

Originally Posted By: stang5
Originally Posted By: Rick20
Stang5,

Something is not adding up here. The valve train was clean at 100K. Then ran amsoil(very good oil), until 142K and at that time the valve train was filled with gooey stuff. I assume that the amsoil was run for acceptable oil change intervals and not run for 42K. So what caused the motor to gum up on the top end in the first place?

Sprintman has a plausible theory that the motor is running cooler than spec. Any chance of any coolant disappearing slowly over time? Any blockage in the tubing that your pcv valve is attached?

IMO, it sounds to me that the gooey stuff is forming as fast as you can clean it.

I ran the Amsoil at 7K miles max no more than 1 year..Im not loosing coolant, I have zero oil consumption on my 4-5K miles OCI..
check the pcv tubing all clear

Pablo, his oil change intervals are in this thread.

Quote:
Too many guys get positive results for Auto-RX to be a fake product.

I don't think anyone is implying that it's a fake product, obviously it does have some cleaning abilities. It's just not a one size fits all band-aid fix for every single engine out there with every single type of sludge or varnish. NO product fits that bill. No matter how hard you "work" it.

Auto-Rx had its toughest challenge with a customer who put up his own web site and documented every step he took.Bob of the original (no trolls) bitog board bought the product for his application.This was in the days of Neutra and the real LC20. The board was very technical in its analysis of test data in those days.Dyson investigated any claims made by any product And told the facts .

Those who would like to get some idea of the integrity of a few years ago that made bitog click on this link.

http://www.auto-rx.com/rms13/

Last edited:
Frank, those are some great pictures.

I am sure he followed the Application Instructions and used a cheap dino oil.

The Before and After pictures show that a lot of cleaning did go on.

Every member of this board owes Tony and now his family the respect this board deserves. That has IMO not been happening. Lately many of the posts have turned vicious and demeaning.

We should all be ashamed of our "posts" that sink to this level.

I am asking the moderators to look at there efforts also.

Tony was a very wise man. Friendly as can be ..but absolute in his judgment. Very hard act to follow. Not that legit discussion would be stifled, but a whole lot of this stuff would be head off at the pass and not allowed to develop.

What many regard as reasonable conduct isn't so reasonable. It's hard to keep your basic personality out of your on line persona (#1 guilty here) and some people just aren't all that social in their assertions. Anonymity tends to foster a bolder person.

What's up with the blah..blah string. Is that what we have digressed to?

Back to Stang5 and the Nissan V-6. It would appear that alot of gasous oil fumes have painted a pretty good layer of black crud on the interior of the valve cover, over the last 30 K in mileage.

I assume that the cover was wiped clean at 142K. To me that seems excessive. Why, I don't have the answer. With the 80% highway miles as the normal driving habit and good OCI intervals, it would seem that this motor would be easy to clean or stay clean on its own. I know it is stated that the mileage is still right up to snuff and it doesn't burn any oil, could it be a fuel dilution issue tearing up the oil? Perhaps an oil analysis on this unit would provide some answers.

Stang5, Frank is a good guy. I am sure that he would be happy to work with you on your top end contamination issues.

I agree with you Rick20. He needs to have a UOA. There is something wrong. Excessive fuel getting into the oil or some equipment problem or coolant in the oil.

There has been a lot of testing of Auto-RX and the overwhelming evidence indicates that Auto-RX works. If it does not work an awful lot of people have been mistaken.

Heck, without using Auto-RX and just using a good oil and quality filters a car or truck engine should last a long time.

Originally Posted By: Frank
There is no other product on this board that stirs the souls of some (even those who never used Auto-Rx) We guarantee Auto-Rx to work as specified. Does it come as a surprise the posters with the problems with Auto-Rx never contact me?

Auto-Rx has a patent and i invented it. We have dealers all over the world.

If you want facts go to the Auto-Rx Discussion Board don.t get me wrong the advertising some of these posts generates is welcome. have at it.

actually I emailed you and I'll be calling thurs..

Last edited:
well I spoke to frank, and he said and I know some of you guys also mentioned about fuel contamination that would cause this carbon like build up. I'm gonna get a UOA to confirm that and take it from there. Thanks everyone for giving your input on this and Thanks to frank (ARX) for standing behind his product and giving me the option for a refund...I'll be sure to post my UOA in 3-4 months..

well I spoke to frank, and he said and I know some of you guys also mentioned about fuel contamination that would cause this carbon like build up. I'm gonna get a UOA to confirm that and take it from there. Thanks everyone for giving your input on this and Thanks to frank (ARX) for standing behind his product and giving me the option for a refund...I'll be sure to post my UOA in 3-4 months..

Sounds good, definately keep us updated. It will be interesting to see if the UOA reveals something.

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Sounds good, definately keep us updated. It will be interesting to see if the UOA reveals something.

Could he have a bad fuel filter or maybe he got bad gasoline.

I am also wondering if the wrong octane level of fuel might have caused his problems.
The last thought might be bad or dirty fuel injectors, I am just throwing these thoughts out and maybe some of my thoughts are not correct

For completeness I'd to add to my comments back on Page 4 regarding the continued presence of varnish after 3 ARX treatments. Thinking back it has occurred to me that that varnish has also survived one treatment of an engine flush product called Revive, one treatment of Amsoil engine flush, one crankcase treatment with Seafoam, and several runs with LC20. So it isn't just ARX; nothing seems to touch this stuff. Except : a rag soaked in varsol and a good vigorous scrubbing. That got it off.

So all varnish is not created equal. But in Stang5's case. There was no varnish at 100K. Then it became noticeably present at 142 K. So what changed? And at this point is still forming or just hanging around at its present level. Perhaps the UOA will give us a clue.

Originally Posted By: va3ux
For completeness I'd to add to my comments back on Page 4 regarding the continued presence of varnish after 3 ARX treatments. Thinking back it has occurred to me that that varnish has also survived one treatment of an engine flush product called Revive, one treatment of Amsoil engine flush, one crankcase treatment with Seafoam, and several runs with LC20. So it isn't just ARX; nothing seems to touch this stuff. Except : a rag soaked in varsol and a good vigorous scrubbing. That got it off.

va3ux. You're touching on something I've noted in my experiences. Nothing, it seems, that you'd want to run in your engine for any amount of time is going to quickly and completely remove EVERY deposit and discoloration from engine internals. There's no magic turning back of the clock unless you scrub things down or hot tank your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back