Gas vs Electric stoves

Status
Not open for further replies.
My discovery on stoves is that using quality pans is the key. I have cooked for friends on $$$$ Viking's using cheapy wedding gift pans and found the cooking ability to be abysmal. I use my moderately priced quality All-Clad pans (about $900 for set) on a $450 gas stove(bottom of barrel) and the cooking is far superior.

I really like a gas stove because it's much easier to regulate the heat. Also, when you turn it off, its off. Electric cook tops still retain heat for some time. I think a dual fuel is the way to go.

Had gas in home while growing up, and since as an adult. Never given safety issues a second thought. Few encounters with electric haven't been very positive.

As a hapily maried male, the only way to choose is "Pick whichever you like dear, that'll be fine with me"!

Bob

Local news just posted a story about a house where the side of a house was blown off by a natural gas explosion.

A few years back we saw a fireball from a gas pipeline that blew, from something like 20 miles away.

In an older townhouse community near here, there are FAR more fires due to aluminum wiring than there are due to natural gas.

The best of both worlds is aluminum wiring and the infamous never-trip Federal Pacific Electric breakers...

I did not read the other post but I have used them both and I have family with both in their kitchen.

If it were up to me I would want the gas range with an electric oven!

With a gas range you have instant heat or not, it is very easy to control! The electric oven cooks faster and more even from what I have noticed.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back