Gas Range/Stove Methane Emissions

So 53 section 8 rental property stoves leak because the slumlord's unqualified methhead maintenance guy can't figure out how to spray some leak detection compound around the fittings to check for leaks?

What I said is at least as true as this "study"

So 53 section 8 rental property stoves leak because the slumlord's unqualified methhead maintenance guy can't figure out how to spray some leak detection compound around the fittings to check for leaks?

What I said is at least as true as this "study"
Like the BS movie "gas landia" or whatever it was called, how do we know the results weren't faked. The study was clearly done by biased people.

I wonder how much of this comes down to a poor installation by unqualified people.
I don’t know if they quantified the amount. Could be minuscule amounts. On the order of ng/day or less. Modern analytical equipment is exceptional at sensitivity.

I was thinking the same about install. A loose coupling, versus one taped and snooped could be a huge difference.

So, how are unvented natural gas heaters and fireplaces allowed to be sold?

Carbon monoxide, anyone?
In Canada, unvented gas appliances are ILLEGAL. Part of it is that many of their house are built so tight against the cold their is a sure chance of carbon monoxide poisoning. If you go out of your way to build a super tight house, you better get an air exchanger.

How could you not smell it. Ive run a gas dryer over 30 years always hauling my own bottles. No one even checks the tanks level. We just wait until the tank goes empty and as the pressure goes to zero you can easily smell it and I switch tanks. Oh my, there goes my ESG score🫣. If these things were truly leaking people would be smelling that rotten eggs smell and fixing it.. So Im calling echobull💩.

Back