gas prices nearing/topping $3 here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got done boasting of how if the price difference between what I was paying ($2.53) and my buddy in the midwest was paying ($3.20) stayed constant ...I'd probably be able to buy a second house with the savings overflowing from my pockets in a few months
grin.gif
..when I returned to the sation the 8 hours later ..it was up to $2.89...

...so I told him I'd probably have to settle on a long cruise instead.
tongue.gif

Odd note: When the price is stable ..the spread is about 0.14 between reg and premium ..but when they jump ..the spread jumps to 0.20. 89 is priced in the middle in either case.

Filled up the van Tuesday evening at 2.69/gal, just filled up the Expedition this AM at the same station for 2.99/gal. This weekend trip is going to be fun, 500 miles to go at ~15mpg, oh, well, if I'm gonna start complaining about gas prices, I'm gonna start driving something more fuel efficient. This was my choice so I'll pay the price.

I saw that a pair of stations (at grocery stores) had jumped overnight to 3.31 (87), but other stations in the area were consistent in the 2.64- 2.68 range (Houston).

Problems will surface just about everywhere but in particular in the NE as the largest gasoline pipeline that goes to NY state is totally out of service. Many in the NE are running on stockpiles with no replacement supplies coming anytime soon.

btw, a few minutes ago shots were fired at evacuation helicopters in NO so the evacuation has been suspended.....

The hurricane of 1900 (killed at least 6000) turned Galveston from the largest city in Texas and the largest port on the gulf coast into a much smaller tourist town and caused Houston to explode from a small landing on Buffalo Bayou into the 4th largest city in the US.

Not sure we can absorb New Orleans the same way....but if we need to, we can. Latest estimates are that it will take up to a month to drain the city.

Many areas outside of NO simply do not exist anymore.

quote:

Originally posted by lyle:
Filled up the van Tuesday evening at 2.69/gal, just filled up the Expedition this AM at the same station for 2.99/gal. This weekend trip is going to be fun, 500 miles to go at ~15mpg, oh, well, if I'm gonna start complaining about gas prices, I'm gonna start driving something more fuel efficient. This was my choice so I'll pay the price.

Why not stay home ?

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Whoa! Gas at my favorite cheapo conventience store was $2.07 last Sunday night. Went to $2.25 on Tues or Wed ...now it's $2.35 today. $0.28 in less then a week
shocked.gif
...and I'm one of the lucky ones. It's higher everywhere else.

One the way to work today the Exxon station by me is $2.99 for 87, 3.09 for 89 and 3.20 for 93.
It jumpped .30 over night. Usually it is the cheapest place around for gas.

-

This station was an even dollar cheaper yesterday. Look back in this thread.

But now one doesn't have to wait in line.
smile.gif

It makes me wonder what kind of contract this guy had with his distributor, e.g. locking in a fill price for today... so he drained his tanks yesterday.

Some areas are charging $4.99-$5.87 a gallon.

The $5.87 is in Georgia.

It is $3.09 here in my town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back