Garlic Powder...Made In China...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Not China bashing, but their "fresh" garlic has tested positive for DDT in Australia.

So? Most $100 bills are contaminated with cocaine.
lol.gif

I'm never eating another $100 bill ever again.

Just a heads up, you can dehydrate peeled garlic cloves and then spice grind them into a powder.

I'm not in agreement with anything China does, food or otherwise. I prefer local, if I can't get that it's made in the US, if I can't get that I prefer western Europe, south America, or Australia. Weird? Maybe. But ill tell you, you find some insanely good products by forcing yourself to look closer. South American wines for example... my god its love and sunshine in a bottle.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
There is a USA grown garlic shortage, Gilroy can't keep up with demand.

Read up on where a lot of apple juice comes from.

Garlic production

Top 10 garlic producers — 11 June 2008

Production tons

China 12,088,000

India 645,000

South Korea 325,000

Egypt 258,608

Russia 254,000

United States 221,810

Spain 142,400

Argentina 140,000

Myanmar 128,000

Ukraine 125,000

World total 15,686,310

Source: Food And Agricultural Organization of United Nations: Economic and Social Department: The Statistical Division

Driven through Gilroy multiple times over the years. Love the smell of garlic while driving through there
banana2.gif

Whimsey

Our grocery store has started selling pealed garlic petals (?) in 1-lb plastic bucket. Apparently, it is cheaper than buying whole garlic :)

I think the pealed garlic petals in 1-lb plastic bag/bucket are product of China. Some Korean grocery stores in So Cal have it at around $4-5, and it often on sale for half price.

It's simple and cheap to grow and grind your own garlic powder, as well as onion powder. Then I don't have to worry about the country of origin.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

So? Most $100 bills are contaminated with cocaine.
lol.gif

Do you often put your $100 bills in your mouth? I certainly don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back