G-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is already the top selling according to their site?
Quote:
GET will roll out G-OIL 5W-30, the top selling and most recommended motor oil grade in bulk and quart size bottles in the next few months

sounds like a good step foward but who wants to experiment with new types of Green lubricants? tree huggers?
there is plenty of Synthetic based oils that are just as GREEN.
I wonder what the pour points and flash points are with animal fats lubes?

thumbsup2.gif
Very interesting

I'd really like to see more info on oil specs though.

Quote:

sounds like a good step foward but who wants to experiment with new types of Green lubricants? tree huggers?

lol, API certified, so it is not like they didn't do their homework by trying to pawn off an uncertified oil... 8)

I'm always open to new developments; it means more choices. Is that bad?

Last edited:
They fact that it passed the requirements for API SM is a good start.

Originally Posted By: ZiTS
I don't know why this stuff is fascinating me. I'm really thinking about giving it a try in my Focus when the 5w-20 is available.

This page has much more technical info, along with some of the properties:

http://www.getg.com/about_get/how.php

Good stuff!

Couldnt find any info anywhere on their pricing.

Originally Posted By: lazaro
Quote:
GET will roll out G-OIL 5W-30, the top selling and most recommended motor oil grade in bulk and quart size bottles in the next few months

I believe they said the "top selling...motor oil grade" which I translate as 5-30 which should have said top selling viscosity...

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

lol, API certified, so it is not like they didn't do their homework by trying to pawn off an uncertified oil... 8)

I'm always open to new developments; it means more choices. Is that bad?

so it is a bad thing to pawn off non API certified oils?
why call it PAWN OFF? what makes it EVIL?
It is not ILLEGAL to sell non API certified oils in the USA
does my 600 horse 1969 Ranchero need API certification?
does my 1997 Kawi ZXI 1100cc Jet ski need 100:1 premix TCW3 rated oil to run for the past 10 years?
does my Dads 2006 Toyota Cienna van need API certified Oil with over 150,000 and only 5 oil changes?
Im sorry I went on a rant but I get defensive when people insult my intelligence on a subject I have much experience on.
I support All the AMSOIL site Sponsors on this website cause I support people who sell one of the best, on the market, AMERICAN products in the USA!!!
34.gif

Originally Posted By: GrampsintheSand
Quote:

I believe they said the "top selling...motor oil grade" which I translate as 5-30 which should have said top selling viscosity...

that sounds better than how I portrayed it!
34.gif

Quote:

Can you name some?

Quote:

Im sorry I went on a rant but I get defensive when people insult my intelligence on a subject I have much experience on.

You missed my 8) and seem to be dismissive of the product with no factual evidence, maybe I read it wrong.

Last edited:
Every time the use of "renewable" energy from agricultural or farm raised products starts increasing, then food prices go up, and more people in under-developed parts of the world starve to death.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Can you name some?

Quote:

You missed my 8) and seem to be dismissive of the product with no factual evidence, maybe I read it wrong.

Synthetic oils that are non petrolium based could be labeled GREEN?
is that a fair statement or am I just biased?
what is your 8) I saw it but no clue
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Mark888
Every time the use of "renewable" energy from agricultural or farm raised products starts increasing, then food prices go up, and more people in under-developed parts of the world starve to death.

Im note sure if this is true but I hear the goverment will pay farmers more money to keep their land empty than to farm it in certain states.

Im note sure if this is true but I hear the goverment will pay farmers more money to keep their land empty than to farm it in certain states.

The subsidy issue is a different matter, but what I said was true. When oil went over $100 a barrel (and up to $145) more agricultural products were being converted for energy use (mostly ethanol) and food prices skyrocketed.

Oops. Like I said - I didn't do a very involved search. When putting "G-Oil" into the search function, I don't get anything back.

Now that they're API certified, I'm wondering if they're will start being takers. Depending on the price, I think I'll start hunting for it at the local Home Depot. When the 5w-20 is available, I'll take one for the (BITOG) team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back