G-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Synthetic oils that are non petrolium based could be labeled GREEN?
is that a fair statement or am I just biased?

There is a claim of biodegradability which I suspect is somewhat a measure of greenness.

RLI BioSyn is just as green, has the same claim of biodegradability (which is nearly worthless considering that the oil has particulate heavy metals after use that make it hazardous waste) and has some testing results here.

however, RLI does not have API certification, and without it i wouldn't use ANY oil. EOM is a site sponsor as well as Schaeffer's, if they can both get there, i can't see why any serious oil mfg or blender can't, it's not like the requirement is onerous or that expensive.

Quote:

biodegradability (which is nearly worthless considering that the oil has particulate heavy metals after use that make it hazardous waste)

I don't think used oil is classified as hazardous waste. In any event don't you think the concept of "less hazardous" has bearing here?

In regards of API certification, I don't think I've used an API certified oil in my car for about 130K miles. Plenty of botique oils don't have certification that are more robust than OTC brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back