Future of Lube Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had a chance to hang around here much lately, and maybe I've missed something, but has anyone else noticed that not much is going on at Lube Control? Not much change in the website, no talk on their forum and no recent responses to questions/comments from LCD to threads here at BITOG. Last thing I can dig up was the whole FP3000 "commitment" thread. Whats going on with this? Ever going to be produced? Seems like alot of outside work went into this only to go nowhere. Shame.

I would have at least thought that with LCD taking over, the marketing would have advanced more than it has. Maybe the folks that are backing it are happy with status quo? Seems to me that there should be others lining up to get a piece of this pie. It could be a great venture given the right influence, capital, and room to grow. Now its just stagnant. This product really needs to get out there so that others can reap the benefits we have.

And has anyone tried out the Oiltech UOA that LCD offers? Who are these folks anyway? Can't seem to find out much about them. Why not continue on with a tried and true analysis like Dyson? Terry Dyson really knows his stuff and is a very genuine, down to earth person. He is glad to help and offers it up in a manner that is understandable, not like some faceless company. I personally would keep him in my corner.

I have been using the products for a few years now and have enjoyed better performance. I have also seen verifiable results from using them as well. I just wish there was some way to get this out to more people, at least to try. I think once they see what can come from it, they too will become regular customers.

Odis is a super guy and deserves some reward for all his hard work. Maybe its me, but it seems that things are currently at idle with the new regime. Thoughts?

Jeff, understood. I guess I'm basing "advancement" on what I read and see on the net. I'm sure there is behind the scenes work that we don't see, guess I was looking for some more widespread/mainstream recognition of the products by now.

Any thoughts on reaching out to more investors or folks that could in fact bring out the word/products without you having to beat on so many doors yourself?

I know Odis and Jan were compensated monetarily, the reward I was hoping for them was to become more of a household name. Then Odis could be the Dave Thomas of fuel/oil additives
laugh.gif

The issue I have with Oiltech is that there just isn't much info on them. I know what quality Blackstone and Holt can do, and their lab methods/equipment is cutting edge. When I give results to Terry Dyson, I want them to be without uncertainty and question. Without knowing much about them, its hard for me to put 100% faith into their work. Maybe I'm just being too picky for my own good, or maybe not. Why didn't you pursue some package analysis deal with Dyson? I can see where you would want to try other things but when it comes to something as crucial (IMHO) as this, seems better to work closely with a lab/interpreter that is tried and true.

Anxiously awaiting the FP3000. I hope you continue with the outside help in the development and produce a quality product. And have no fear about me buying product and spreading the word. Thats my part of this deal and I don't plan on relinquishing it anytime soon.

Thanks for the update and don't be a stranger around here (like me
grin.gif
).

That reminds me, I gotta buy more FP60 and LC20.

Both great products and both great value, plus, Jeff is a really cool guy. So keep on buying and it'll help them move the new product development along!

Shorty....thanks for the concern and post, but things are going well as we push forward to get these products main stream.

Most of our work right now is not web related as we deal with large distributors and large fleets to really move the products beyond 'web sales'. We find it harder to spend time here or on our site as we are out knocking on doors.

Odis and Jan are great people and have been rewarded handsomely for their efforts over the years thanks to all involved in helping them sell their company. So no worries there they are taken care of.

OilTech is just a lab (like Blackstone, CAT, Holt, ect) but unlike those labs gives our customers a very unique online tracking system via the web at no extra cost, but does not do the detailed interpretation that Dyson Analysis. Use any lab you want, but still get Dyson's interpretation. With OilTech you get your report in HTML, Excel, Adobe, Word, Flash and you can email them easily to Dyson for interpretation.....besides that you get the graphing and tracking of changes from sample to sample.

We are expecting FP3000 to be available towards the end of the year. It was developed with an ingredient that is very hard to get and at the time it was developed we were unaware this would be such a problem, but it is. Once we close on some promising accounts it will be ready on the website as well.

Thanks again for your concern.....the best thing you can do is to keep ordering and keep spreading the word.

shortyb....you are correct a lot goes on behind the scenes that is not noticed. We are working on large overseas accounts, and some local agreements with JEGS, Flying J, Petro, ect, but these things take time....a lot of time.

In regards to OilTech....they came to us and showed us their software for tracking and we were blown away. We still recommend Dyson Analysis for all interpretation....we never recommended a lab before and thought with what Oiltech brought to the table it was a no brainer. Fleets love the tools their web tracking gives.

I think you are confusing a lab and Dyson Analysis....we have always recommended Dyson Analysis for interpretation and will continue to. Dyson's interpretation is the best and we do not advise getting a UOA without it.

If you are happy with Blackstone or Holt then keeping using them as it really does not matter to us....we just try and offer our customers the best options for their needs.

Keep buying. That's the only story.

I'm looking forward to stopping by the warehouse soon as the brother-in-law is now being paid to play with airplanes at Addison Airport. I'm in need of both products.

For nearly four years and well over 100,000 miles on six vehicles at our house, and more miles and vehicles at family members houses (not to mention using LC-20 well over thirty years ago when it was named Micro-Lube) it is easy to recommend both FUEL POWER and LUBE CONTROL.

So, buy
wink.gif

I'll keep buying... expecially LC20, which gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I put it in my oil
wink.gif

Anyway, perhaps LCD could enact some sort of a special deal, where, like, interested parties would prepurchase 3 gallons of FP3000 at regular price, and then have get a coupon for free shipping or some discount on the next three gallons of LCD product. Something like that.

Yes, I know it is risky to prepay for something that (lets be honest here) has a possibility of never coming down the pike. However, the maximum loss is what? $75-100? Often its a bit of risk on part of the first adopters that makes things happen for everyone. Too many folks forget that.

JMH

LC20 and FP60 saved my vehicle from brutal CA emissions. This is why I purchased more 20 and 60 just a month ago, to help the development of FP3000. If everyone stops buying, where will the money come from to develop a new product? I will not worry about FP3000 until it is ready for mainstream production, I am sure that it will be advertised here first along with validated test results.

I myself work in the manufacturing industry, so guys I feel your pain with all the behind the scenes [censored] that you have to go through to get a new product out the door.

I am a long time reader of BITOG. I just became a member so I can finally respond to some of the topics here. I noticed that shortyb had a topic on LCD and wrote, "This product really needs to get out there so that others can reap the benefits we have." and "I just wish there was some way to get this out to more people, at least to try." I believe LCD offers distributorships. If you are wanting to get the product out there, perhaps you can help by selling it for them and making a little $$ for yourself. Shortyb also writes, "And has anyone tried out the Oiltech UOA that LCD offers? Who are these folks anyway? Can't seem to find out much about them." I'm just an old man and dont know anything about Exxon/Mobile, or Goodyear and who those folks are, but I use their products because they have proven performance and I trust them. I am not familiar with who Odis is or what he does but the people at LCD make a fantastic product that my friends and I will continue to use. I too am not concerned about behind the scenes politics (kgb007stb)at LCD, just keep making the product available. Anytime you are up in the Seattle/Tacoma area, shoot me an email. We get the same "warm/fuzzy" up here JHZR2, and that reminds me it is time to order some more FP/LC.......

Uncle M- With all the folks I have turned onto these excellent products, and who continue to buy and use them, I COULD qualify for distributorship status!

Jeff- No confusion. I do applaud you for wanting to supply others with options. I'm just set in my ways I suppose. I should wait until Terry does a read with Oiltech results before passing judgement. As most, I would never do anything analysis-wise without his superb expertise.

I'll admit to being rather oblivious when it comes to marketing. Therefore, in my own small little world, I thought that with such a good product, folks would be kicking the door in to get on the ground-floor of this venture. Oh well, as they say, word-of-mouth is still the best advertising. And I haven't been able to shut-up about it since I started using it. Like JHZR2, I get the same warm fuzzys (maybe its the fumes and I should open the window
laugh.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back