Funny Typos or Misspellings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile 1, Dextron

Even my boss, author of many lubricant articles published in many respected journals and reference books, misspelled "Dexron", to where I had to correct him. He checked himself by googling "dextron", where he got many hits and thought he was right. I told him, "now google Dexron".

A guy once told me he was arrested for a "Mister Meander".
Another guy told me he was in the hospital because he caught "ammonia".

Typos, misspelled words, purposeful playing with our silly ranguage ....a fine line, but I love mori's line - If you find any of my typos, you are free to keep them!

I advise you to read John Browning’s posts. Some are fairly classic.

Then there is MarkC – he is good at proper word usage….and he never makes an error…… OOPS.

Guy at work years ago, typed a lengthy, technical email on the proper use of LockTite for threaded fasteners except somehow he wrote LockTit throughout, as in every line!!. You can imagine…..

I’d don’t get all crazy about a few misspellings, GAWD noes I knot purrfeck but sometimes improper grammar and just poor spelling can mean disaster…..some words have specific meanings….and most of the time for a good reason…misspelled the words can mean something entirely different. At least some attempt should be made at using cunning linguistics.

PS AmSoil, AMS oil, Amzoil, Am Soil are all incorrect
grin.gif
laugh.gif

"Hangun" is a good one. I'm not sure if it's Han Solo's blaster or if it means hen-gun, which may or may not be a lady's purse pistol.
wink.gif

Either one is better than being bald-headed. In addition, being skanky and bald-headed are not mutually exclusive. For example, Britney is always skanky and sometimes bald-headed.

One of my coworkers had taken his wife to see the doctor, and when he saw the compression on the doctor's face, he knew it was bad.

Another who was in the Army said they always circumcised their watches before a battle.

A womans husband died from a massive myocardial infarction. Latter, the woman was explaining to her children that he died of a massive internal ----.

I'm sure we've all heard "cadillac convertable" a few times before, or "ball jumps", you know, that squeaky front end part. We got a call once asking if we could replace a "throw up bearing" in a manual trans. Working with the general public can be amusing if you have a sense of humor.

Dave

"Nucular weapons". That's more of a speech thing though. Those weapons are nothing to be afraid of.

A classic was one from a Department of Public Health flyer but they left out the 'l' in 'Public'...

A really bungled warning was found with the (Korean??) Ginsu knives: "Warning: keep out of children."

I hope I don't violate the board with this one:
"The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back