FUMOTO VALVE DISCOUNT FOR BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody 'worry' about the length of the valvle inside the oil pan. This extra length will prevent some oil (and probably the dirtiest) from draining from the pan during an oil change. If you think this may be a problem, just unscrew the valve and see if any additional oil drains.

Yeah, par, thats my only concern with buying one - that a decent amount of old, dirty oil will be kept in the pan. Obviously this is unavoidable for any oil change, but I would like to minimize the amount left if possible,

What kind of Honda, Accord? V6? What year? On my 02 V6, I'm afraid that the valve will stick out too much and leave it unprotected.

It is a 2006 Ridgeline V6. If you think the valve will stick out too much you can use a little thicker washer between the pan and adapter and/or between the adapter and valve. That way you can get it snug so that the position of the spring will be away from the road or even straight up. The important thing is not to overtighten the valve. The best way to get the spring in the position you want is to experiment with different washers until it falls naturally to where you want it. According to Fumoto, the valve will work in any position, even facing the road straight down.

I just ordered mine today. The YM4 discount code still works for a 10% discount. I'll be installing it on my 2005 Nissan Frontier. Can't wait! Thanks for the tip.

I thought I read somewhere that the valve does not extend into the bottom of the pan and that it sits flush...I could be wrong thought...I tried a Fram Sure drain and used the washer that came it...bad news...leaked all over the place. I'm sure if I used an OEM washer/crush gasket I'd be fine but from what little I used it I made a bigger mess than with a drain plug. When putting on the hose attachment it started to drain with the hose up in the air. That was a fun mess...it was late and getting dark so I hurried it a bit more than I should have. I'm sure there is a way to do it correctly
smile.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

I installed the Fumoto valve with adapter on my Honda this weekend. It was a little difficult to thread and I could not tighten it very much, just snug (probably a good thing). I used the Honda metal washer between pan and adapter and the Fumoto supplied blue washer between adapter and valve. Once I got the threads in the right position it went on fine. With the metal washer, which was fairly thick, I can't see where there would be too much thread sticking into the pan to trap much oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back