fuel shut off valves

Status
Not open for further replies.
why dont all mfgs. install fuel shut off valves on their ope engines?it bothers me when a gravity fed system is trying to flood my crankcase with raw gasoline 24/7 with only a small needle valve and seat as my only protection.i wonder how many small engines have been destoyed because of this to a un knowing home owner?could it be the added one or 2 dollars additional expense of the unit?

My John Deere F510 has one.

But then again it isn't gravity feed but has a fuel pump. It does also have a manual shutoff valve at the tank before the hose.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: james1950
why dont all mfgs. install fuel shut off valves on their ope engines?it bothers me when a gravity fed system is trying to flood my crankcase with raw gasoline 24/7 with only a small needle valve and seat as my only protection.i wonder how many small engines have been destoyed because of this to a un knowing home owner?could it be the added one or 2 dollars additional expense of the unit?

I installed a gate valve just before the inline fuel filter I have on my snow blower. It was cheap and easy. It's a great way to shut the flow of fuel from the tank to the carburetor when the machine is not in use. As far as the mfg doing it, I guess they don't feel the need and rather not spend the extra $$ on it.

I have added shutoff valves and filters. It's all about saving money during manufacturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back