Front suspension rattle 2015 JGC

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 58k miles. Can hear a metal on metal rattling sound from the front end that appears at the slightest bump. If hitting the very same bump with the brakes on no rattling sounds at all.
It tracks straight at all speeds and no pulsating of the brakes.

so... probably wheel/hub or brake system related, jack it up, poke/prod/pull on parts, take wheel off and inspect. I'd start with checking the brake caliper bracket bolts.

Same with my ‘14 Grand Cherokee. Lots of clunks/rattles. No difference after replacing the struts or lower control arm bushings. Thinking it’s the upper control arm bushings.

Same with my ‘14 Grand Cherokee. Lots of clunks/rattles. No difference after replacing the struts or lower control arm bushings. Thinking it’s the upper control arm bushings.
Does yours go quiet when the brakes are touched in the least? I've put this one up on jack stands and used a long pry bar to move the tire up and down a bit and no noise.

I'm not sure this is the same issue yall are facing but look at the lower crossmember supports. Especially early on (and still now) shops may routinely try to jack the WK2 at a classic location, but in this case they are jacking the subframe crossmember support causing a bend. When I was buying my WK2 I guessed about 50% of the used models I looked at had shown evidence of incorrect jack / lift placement. Cheap part, but a bit of a pita to replace from my understanding.

Does yours go quiet when the brakes are touched in the least? I've put this one up on jack stands and used a long pry bar to move the tire up and down a bit and no noise.
No, just feels like the front end is gonna fall out when I go over bumps :ROFLMAO:

No, just feels like the front end is gonna fall out when I go over bumps :ROFLMAO:
So I have a speed bump in my neighborhood that I can optimally take at about 17 mph or 25 mph (washboard road speed = smooth style) on my old WK (2005). In the new WK2 optimal speed is way lower around 13 mph. If I go at 5-10 mph it feels the same - front end feels like it will collapse haha. Friend has a VW Atlas that feels like the front end comes out on this particular bump at any speed.

Back