Friends brother can’t catch a break

Ladies and gentlemaen and fellow wonderful BITOGERS. Please keep my dear friend Joe, who’s 51 with advanced Down’s syndrome in your thoughts and prayers. He was in hospital while back for a stent to be put in his kidney since it was not draining. Now, he had bladder cancer; found out Christmas Eve 🤬🤬🤬

I’ve been helping him and his caretaker(his brother Jerry) and their family. Some great folks can’t get a break.

I thank you all 🇺🇸🇨🇦😍😍

Sweet Jesus! I'm a God fearing man and I'll never understand how someone already afflicted with a lifelong burden has more piled upon them. Prayers for him and his brother. And a big 👍 to you for helpimg!

Ladies and gentlemaen and fellow wonderful BITOGERS. Please keep my dear friend Joe, who’s 51 with advanced Down’s syndrome in your thoughts and prayers. He was in hospital while back for a stent to be put in his kidney since it was not draining. Now, he had bladder cancer; found out Christmas Eve 🤬🤬🤬

I’ve been helping him and his caretaker(his brother Jerry) and their family. Some great folks can’t get a break.

I thank you all 🇺🇸🇨🇦😍😍
🙏sent

As long as the bladder cancer is Stage 1 or Stage 2 the prognoses are pretty good. It means that the cancer is contained within the bladder lining tissue and will be removed during surgery. Stage 3 is a really bad news. At this point the cancer made it's way through bladder lining in to bladder muscle tissue and from there it spreads to lymph nodes and other parts of the body. I had it 9 years ago (Stage 2) about the size of quarter. Had surgery to remove it but it came back after about 8 months and another surgery. Then it came back again after a year so I had another surgery. Now for about 6 years I've been clear according to cystoscopy which I am having done every 6 months. If your friend's cancer was caught early he should be ok. The problem with bladder cancer is that it has a high percentage return rate.

Sweet Jesus! I'm a God fearing man and I'll never understand how someone already afflicted with a lifelong burden has more piled upon them. Prayers for him and his brother. And a big 👍 to you for helpimg!
Sir, I have known both people over 24 years. Wonderful, loving people.

Just curious here. How did your friend found out he has bladder cancer?
In my case I was pissing blood 3 days in a row so I finally went to doctor and that's when I found out I had it.

In my case I was pissing blood 3 days in a row so I finally went to doctor and that's when I found out I had it.
"Gross total painless hematuria" is bladder cancer until proved otherwise. Knowing that may save your life.

And here's the translation: gross (evident to the naked eye, as opposed to microscopic), total (throughout the whole stream), painless (no burning), hematuria (blood in urine).

Last edited:
He's in good hands with you Adam. A true friend indeed.
I’m praying for him and his brother. I brought them some turkey vegetable soup and homemade chil mom and I made big pots of. The poor guy Joe; works for a center few days a week, would give clothes off his back for anyone. Served folks at annual “buckwheat festival” early December at Bradys Run Lodge at the park. Everyone that knows a McIlhaney (Jerry and Joes last name) loves them.

I thank you all 🇺🇸🇨🇦😍😍
Holy crap, that's awful!

Will do.

Awe.. My heart goes out to Joe, his family and yourself.

I had an uncle with Downs. He passed years ago, but made it to 60. He was a joy. Always happy and I'm a better person for having been fortunate to have the time I was able to share with him.

As long as the bladder cancer is Stage 1 or Stage 2 the prognoses are pretty good. It means that the cancer is contained within the bladder lining tissue and will be removed during surgery. Stage 3 is a really bad news. At this point the cancer made it's way through bladder lining in to bladder muscle tissue and from there it spreads to lymph nodes and other parts of the body. I had it 9 years ago (Stage 2) about the size of quarter. Had surgery to remove it but it came back after about 8 months and another surgery. Then it came back again after a year so I had another surgery. Now for about 6 years I've been clear according to cystoscopy which I am having done every 6 months. If your friend's cancer was caught early he should be ok. The problem with bladder cancer is that it has a high percentage return rate.
A friend of mine had/has it. He gets the treatment where they put the bacteria into the bladder to irritate the lining so it sheds and you pee out outer lining cells and the cancer cells. I had cytoscopy to check my bladder after they found microscopic red blood cells in my urine and all was good. Good luck with your bladder. And good luck to Joe.

A friend of mine had/has it. He gets the treatment where they put the bacteria into the bladder to irritate the lining so it sheds and you pee out outer lining cells and the cancer cells. I had cytoscopy to check my bladder after they found microscopic red blood cells in my urine and all was good. Good luck with your bladder. And good luck to Joe.
I had it done also after my 3rd surgery.

Down Syndrome people tend to have wonderful personalities - they give a lot more back than they take.

Prayers sent for total healing for Joe.

And good for you for being a good friend to Joe and Jerry!

Reactions: JTK
Back