Fram XG7317. '08 CRV, 4200 oil, 232k motor, PP 5W-30 and HPL EC30

Saved this one in case @53' Stude wants to cut filter media when he is back to full duty. I also saved the one from Forte, Tucson and latest Pilot.

This was changed back in March and has been sitting. Lots of carbon bits at bottom of can (they look silver from picture but just black with oil around that I can tell. No makeup oil added, doesn't seem to burn or leak any, just what I wipe off checking all the time (keep fingers crossed).

We'll see what next one brings since between this and now running a qt of HPL PCMO 5W-30 with PP reg and Euro. The oil fill area splash plate thing had definitely gotten cleaned up some so presume rest of motor is getting the same.
IMG_7053.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

IMG_7061.jpg

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

Saved this one in case @53' Stude wants to cut filter media when he is back to full duty. I also saved the one from Forte, Tucson and latest Pilot.

This was changed back in March and has been sitting. Lots of carbon bits at bottom of can (they look silver from picture but just black with oil around that I can tell. No makeup oil added, doesn't seem to burn or leak any, just what I wipe off checking all the time (keep fingers crossed).

We'll see what next one brings since between this and now running a qt of HPL PCMO 5W-30 with PP reg and Euro. The oil fill area splash plate thing had definitely gotten cleaned up some so presume rest of motor is getting the same.
View attachment 222892
View attachment 222893
View attachment 222899
View attachment 222894
View attachment 222895
View attachment 222896
View attachment 222897
View attachment 222898

Looks good. Did you spin another one on? I’m guessing HPL oil went in?

Nice clear photos, I Thank You sir 👍🍺🇺🇸

Looks good. Did you spin another one on? I’m guessing HPL oil went in?

Nice clear photos, I Thank You sir 👍🍺🇺🇸
A new XG7317 went on with 1.5qts PP 5W-30, 2.5 qts PP Euro L 5W-30 and 1qt HPL PCMO 5W-30. Trying to use up the open jugs taking up space.

I don't have the $$ for full HPL changes yet since I'm not planning for extended OCI's in anything...yet. My couple short trip vehicles I definitely want to change earlier since they are also direct injection.

I'm doing the HPL PCMO 1 qt as my extra additive. I'd have no issues doing just the EC30 each change seeing this but I know that their full oil is better.

Back