Fram XG10575

long time member, used to be mobilaltima, had to change my username due to no longer being able to access my account for some reason. Anyway, my 2012 F-150 with the 3.7 V6, 164k miles, I've been changing my oil every 5-6k with any 5w30 synthetic on sale and a Napa Gold 7502, which has the correct 22 psi bypass. Since Wix Has been bought by Mann-Hummel, has anyone seen any problems with the filter media tearing? I'd like to start using the Fram Ultra XG10575, which looks to have had the bypass changed to a 16-28 psi bypass. This is the spec'd filter for my truck, should I have any concerns about the large variance in the bypass psi?

I'd like to start using the Fram Ultra XG10575, which looks to have had the bypass changed to a 16-28 psi bypass. This is the spec'd filter for my truck, should I have any concerns about the large variance in the bypass psi?

22 PSi is about in the middle of the 16-28 range. The range represents 16 PSI to crack the valve open, and 28 PSI to make the valve fully open up.

Not sure if the WIX 22 PSI spec is the crack open pressure, or the middle of the valve opening range.

I personally wouldn't worry about using the fram. I've used anything you can think of on 3.7 Ford motors and never had an issue other than torn media on a motorcraft and a Napa Proselect.

The XG media flows *very* well.
I seriously doubt "bypass events" will be of any concern to anyone.

So I wasn't the only one who had problems logging in. They can restore the old name I believe. Other makers don't give a range of bypass usually, and since we know the valve doesn't snap open and closed when a coil speing is involved, Fram is more accurate in their showing the range of pressures the bypass opens. If you take the middle of 16-28 you get 22.

Anyone know if the XG10575 PRV pressure increase came with the bump from 15k to 20k OFI ? I know you can check the color of the plastic valve … but online - how does one know ? Box design or 20k ?

Anyone know if the XG10575 PRV pressure increase came with the bump from 15k to 20k OFI ? I know you can check the color of the plastic valve … but online - how does one know ? Box design or 20k ?
Not sure, but I thought the higher bypass valve setting came after the filter was on the shelves showing up to 20K use. Would have to try and dig up old Motorking post(s) about it.

Guess I can just buy one at Walmart, verify PRV - and look for a box match online …
I tend to watch for deals to roll by … no big hurry …

Past discussion on the XG10575 bypass valve. If the bypass valve is white in color, then it's the higher valve setting. See Post #18 in the thread below.

Last edited:
^^^ 😂 ... "24 sold". And you can do payments at only $209/mo for 24 months !!

From my research I thought it had to do with all of the GM vehicles changing from size 10060 to 10575 a few years ago.. GM had oil flow issues with the previous spec'd filters. Unless this is a new change. I just changed my filter to the larger 10575 Ultra over the weekend.
Past discussion on the XG10575 bypass valve. If the bypass valve is white in color, then it's the higher valve setting. See Post #18 in the thread below.

OK after looking through that thread I am now almost positive this has to do with GM. The 10060 are spec'd 9-15psi which was the PSI giving GM motors issues in the past. There was a TSB specifically regarding Fram filters and voiding warranty due to lack of oil flow... I dealt with this with my Truck.. They were denying warranty claims due to me running a Fram Ultra claiming oil flow issues.. GM then updated all their engines which were using 10060 to 10575 and back spec'd to the older engines as well. from 9-15psi to the 10060's 16-28psi... What I know.. Is I had my last oil changed at a shop and they put on 10060... I had some rough cold starts the whole time but barely drove the truck. After I changed to the 10060 my cold starts are much improved, minus a loud tick I am tracking down.

FRAM ULTRA® Spin-on Oil Filter XG10060 | FRAM

From my research I thought it had to do with all of the GM vehicles changing from size 10060 to 10575 a few years ago.. GM had oil flow issues with the previous spec'd filters. Unless this is a new change. I just changed my filter to the larger 10575 Ultra over the weekend.

OK after looking through that thread I am now almost positive this has to do with GM. The 10060 are spec'd 9-15psi which was the PSI giving GM motors issues in the past. There was a TSB specifically regarding Fram filters and voiding warranty due to lack of oil flow... I dealt with this with my Truck.. They were denying warranty claims due to me running a Fram Ultra claiming oil flow issues.. GM then updated all their engines which were using 10060 to 10575 and back spec'd to the older engines as well. from 9-15psi to the 10060's 16-28psi... What I know.. Is I had my last oil changed at a shop and they put on 10060... I had some rough cold starts the whole time but barely drove the truck. After I changed to the 10060 my cold starts are much improved, minus a loud tick I am tracking down.

FRAM ULTRA® Spin-on Oil Filter XG10060 | FRAM
I was using the XG10575 even on my 2010 5.3L … but the oil pump change came in 2014 … there was lots of chatter on substitute filters, but then Fram raised the pressure setting in the XG10575 … the sub for a PF63E

OK after looking through that thread I am now almost positive this has to do with GM. The 10060 are spec'd 9-15psi which was the PSI giving GM motors issues in the past. There was a TSB specifically regarding Fram filters and voiding warranty due to lack of oil flow... I dealt with this with my Truck.. They were denying warranty claims due to me running a Fram Ultra claiming oil flow issues.
Do you have a link to this TSB? It actually says they would deny warranty of a Fram was used ... humm, I'd like to see the TSB.

On a side note, the Fram Ultra is a very free flowing oil filter. It's also hard to fathom why oil flow would be impeded on a GM with a positive displacement oil pump when basically every car on the road uses a positive displacement oil pump.

Back