Fram Ultra Synthetic- Cartridge style

Bought several fram ultra synthetic XG10295 for my 2013 tundra with the 5.7.

any reviews on this filter (cartridge style), i have seen a bunch of recommendations for the normal can style fram ultra

I am looking at doing 8-9K oil changes. Should I consider leaving filter for every other change? I see the ultra is rated for 20K

BTW- truck currently has 250K on it following 10-12K OCI.

with the regular fram you can sleep easy. With the Ultra you can sleep Ultra easy. :) What filters were you running before to reach 250K miles? if OEM, these are good Denso filters but they don't filter the fine particles as good as these ultras.

Dont do anything stupid to that engine and it will last as long as you care to put gas in it.

with the regular fram you can sleep easy. With the Ultra you can sleep Ultra easy. :) What filters were you running before to reach 250K miles? if OEM, these are good Denso filters but they don't filter the fine particles as good as these ultras.

Dont do anything stupid to that engine and it will last as long as you care to put gas in it.

Previously truck has had OEM filters, most of miles were from previous owner that used toyota dealer for oil and filter changes every 10-11K

Yes you should be able to easily run it for two OCI.

Good deal _ i think i will do that

XG now available for the 4Runner. It is listed on their Fram site and looks like it is available at WalMart.

Looks like the synthetic filtration material is backed with a plastic mesh/screen now on XG's rather than metal. Still seems like a great filter.

Reactions: JC1
Toyota says 10k with syn, 5k with dino, so your OCI is fine. It will probably be fine for 2 OCI's. but I'd still replace the filter every time.

The Ultra is expensive enough that it's worth only replacing it every other time, but Napa puts their Platinum filter on sale a few times a year for $6 or so, making it worth it to replace the filter every OCI

Back