Fram Ultra 7317, 9000 miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Is that a pinhole on the far right pleat in the last photograph?

It appears that the media caught zero dirt/metal/debris! The filter just looks oil soaked.
Love is blind,all the Fram lovers missed that!!

Originally Posted By: steveh

It appears that the media caught zero dirt/metal/debris! The filter just looks oil soaked.
Love is blind,all the Fram lovers missed that!!
Oh noooooooooooo a pinhole in a Frammy?

No, in the last pic I had already pulled the media apart many times to try and figure out how many layers there were.
Some of the media was still stuck to the wire backing,

U want me to try and dig it out of the trash? Lol

It definitely didn't have much debris in it.. The 4 filters I have taken off this car never have gunk in them....?

Not a pin hole ... how could light go through 3 layers of media that weren't even tightly packed together any more.

Fram haters got excited there for a second. LoL

I like this filter alot.

I am trying to picture in my head, though, how that media really extends out 36". Just hard to imagine all those fan-folds being that long when unfurled. The circumference of the filter just doesn't look that big.

36" is impressive, and speaks to why it can go 15k.

There is very interesting information about 3 (not 2!) layers of media Fram Ultra.
What Motorking does say?
p.s.
And 2 layers of media Amsoil EAO.

Originally Posted By: Izb
There is very interesting information about 3 (not 2!) layers of media Fram Ultra.
What Motorking does say?
p.s.
And 2 layers of media Amsoil EAO.

The Ultra has 2-layers of synthetic media, not 3. From Fram's website.

I found two layers cutting this new one that had a bad dent awhile back. The inner layer is more red and thin.

DSCN2035_zpsrfrywl28.jpg

DSCN2034_zpsfafsboyw.jpg

Originally Posted By: Izb
I wonder also about flow rate of XG3593A...

Full synthetic media means good flow. Your engine won't even really know its' on there. Positive displacement oil pump won't care unless the filter is basically clogged, then the filter's bypass will open up at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back