Fram Titanium still old fram ultra oil filter

I have buy for at $8.97 or below there will not buy PH fram garabage I will $ 2 more get better filter than fram ph with cardboard . I agree $14 for titanium oil filter it self is not worth maybe will oil change bundles will get fram titanium ok deal then mobil 1 or carquest oil filter.

Discovered this last night . May stick with the FRAM XG PH7317 for the 2nd generation FIT .

i think the wire mesh thing was always a bit of a gimmick. fibreglass media with a steel inner tube won't collapse and break. The bypass will open long before a big enough pressure differential can build up to tear the media.

i think the wire mesh thing was always a bit of a gimmick. fibreglass media with a steel inner tube won't collapse and break. The bypass will open long before a big enough pressure differential can build up to tear the media.
One would be better served by posting about topics you know about rather than things you don’t.

Fiberglass media needs a backing, the steel inner tube however is mostly extraneous when you have wire backed media.

One would be better served by posting about topics you know about rather than things you don’t.
do you have pictures of this torn fiberglass media? there are plenty of cut open youtube vids. maybe you can post a link to one. I've never seen it.

Fiberglass media needs a backing, the steel inner tube however is mostly extraneous when you have wire backed media.
Still need a center tube, unless the wire backing was very thick wire and very ridged, which it typically isn't because it's there to mainly keep the pleats from folding over from the oil flow forces. If the center tube was removed, the whole wire backed media assembly would be pushed inward and become too deformed.

Still need a center tube, unless the wire backing was very thick wire and very ridged, which it typically isn't because it's there to mainly keep the pleats from folding over from the oil flow forces. If the center tube was removed, the whole wire backed media assembly would be pushed inward and become too deformed.
Yup. And of course it also provides the integrity for the cartridge itself so it can seal against the baseplate under pressure and the bypass valve at the bottom, if it's a separate unit.

Fram Ultra that just went in our IS300

21655D36-3C17-4D43-B561-0821C6AEF28B.jpeg

Fram titanium does still have the metal backing. Purchased today. Glad it goes.

Attachments

• 20220902_100733.jpg
    20220902_100733.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220902_100859.jpg
    20220902_100859.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 59
Back