Fram TG2 additional photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added 2 more photos to dispel the belief that I withheld anything from the C&P.

Note the end caps are sealed to the center tube and there are no signs of bypassing.

537DBDA0-5B1D-488A-8827-4C751E6AF843.jpeg

3EA8F738-566A-4F3D-8373-EFCC940EE69A.jpeg

I can predict what some future comments will be - lol.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I can predict what some future comments will be - lol.
grin2.gif

I can here it now. Worse than the howl of a failing power steering pump.
wink.gif

Does any one remember when the Tough Guard filters has a dome screen over the bypass valve ?

Yes, just like I remember Super Tech filters typically having a then-standard for Champ Labs seperate base end bypass design before the Ecore design with combo valve was implemented, same with STP oil filters.

I think most BITOGers are intelligent enough not to be sold a bill of goods by some stupid display at an auto parts counter, otherwise everybody would be using Lucas.

Originally Posted by Ablebody
Posting pictures of the inside of those things is probably not helping their sales any lol

Why do you say that?

Pics showing that a filter is intact with no problems from the fiber (oh, wait, they are cardboard, right) endcaps is a good thing.

Only ignorant people or sheeples continue to bash Fram.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Posting pictures of the inside of those things is probably not helping their sales any lol

Why do you say that?

Pics showing that a filter is intact with no problems from the fiber (oh, wait, they are cardboard, right) endcaps is a good thing.

Only ignorant people or sheeples continue to bash Fram.

OK I'll say something nice about it. It looks delicious like a chocolate covered pastry that would get good and soggy if I dipped it in milk.
Better?

The zoom function is great on these. I see what I need to see, end cap off centering over the center tube. Why not show everything, louvers are zoomed in on, untorn nice looking filters are imagined torn when they aren't, etc. So why not Fram gets a close look all around too? What's the black in the center tube, some smeared glue? Good to see fairness. Thanks,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by goodtimes
The zoom function is great on these. I see what I need to see, end cap off centering over the center tube. Why not show everything, louvers are zoomed in on, untorn nice looking filters are imagined torn when they aren't, etc. So why not Fram gets a close look all around too? What's the black in the center tube, some smeared glue? Good to see fairness. Thanks,
laugh.gif

Yep it's definitely off center. No bones about it.
Thanks for posting this example, welloild. People need to be made aware.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

There is good evidence the leaf spring sealed well on the dome end and the ADBV sealed well on the thread end. I am not terribly concerned about the off centering of the end caps.

laugh.gif

Yep it's definitely off center. No bones about it.
Thanks for posting this example, welloild. People need to be made aware.

I think you two are straining at a gnat.

Originally Posted by WellOiled
laugh.gif

There is good evidence the leaf spring sealed well on the dome end and the ADBV sealed well on the thread end. I am not terribly concerned about the off centering of the end caps.

Its a strange world.

It is indeed a strange world. - He is exactly right by the way.

You should draw that picture I asked you to draw, you might figure something out.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
It is indeed a strange world. - He is exactly right by the way.

You should draw that picture I asked you to draw, you might figure something out.

Great point Robert. Some people just like to stir things up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back