Fram Synthetic Endurance FE8A Cut Open

So which is more efficient at 20 microns, the Endurance or the current Ultra offering?
Email from Fram said the FE is 99% @ 20μ. But waiting until what they show when it's actually shown on their website.

The testing graph appears to show 99%@25 microns for the RP. If Fram is stating 99%@20 Microns I wonder if They'll tell us based on which filters they tested to meet that spec. If these are truly RP clones then I would say it's fair to claim 25@99%, as RP currently does, until they're is a good evidence to suggest otherwise. The best evidence, us consumers could get, would be printed on the boxes the filters come in & it doesn't appear they are excited about doing that at the moment.

The testing graph appears to show 99%@25 microns for the RP. If Fram is stating 99%@20 Microns I wonder if They'll tell us based on which filters they tested to meet that spec.
Fram does on their other filter models (PH, TG, XG), so they probably will for the FE.

The testing graph appears to show 99%@25 microns for the RP.
Shows pretty much right at 99% @ 20μ on the higher scale resolution graph.

1679186240328.png

It is sad to see an unused OG XG8A get cut up-but the good news is, there’s a fair number of those in my attic, stil!

Only now can we see the Future Truth that wire backed Ultras are going to be precious artifacts for future generations on BITOG.

Someday an Indiana Jones type will be scouring the globe to find these ancient relics of a bygone past.

Well they sound Iike they all filter well. I would be content even stiff using the TG7317. Most contaminated engine from leaks and poor quality air filters still?

Fram Ultra = 20,000 miles
Fram Endurance = 25,000 miles.

The easiest way to examine the filter media is by looking at a cartridge filter. Heck you can do that at Wal-Mart without buying it and cutting it open

Have you actually looked at the HE boxes yet?
Because FRAM wouldn't send differently sealed boxes to different distribution centers for Wal-Mart
YES and they are sealed along with the ultra filters too...

My Walmart yesterday, the 9 dollar Ultras had sealed boxes and the new 12 dollar Endurance filters didn't. Pulled one out and looked at it, consistent with what I've seen here, the coating did not seem as "grippy" to me as the classic Suregrip but it covered the whole filter. Still much easier to hang onto than a traditional filter covered in glossy paint.

The easiest way to examine the filter media is by looking at a cartridge filter. Heck you can do that at Wal-Mart without buying it and cutting it open
The cartridge and canister filters are not always the same material.
I know quite a few of the original Ultra cartridge filters were a white media with a plastic mesh backing, not the 2 layer pink stuff with wire mesh backing of canister filters.

Back