FRAM PH4967

I would use what they spec on their website. If something goes wrong, they will cop out if you use a non-spec filter.

That one doesn't surprise me. Fram was 'perhaps' the only filter manufacturer left that made a distinction between the two applications. Others have long combined the two applications into one. Slight size difference and insignificant bypass difference (3593a bypass psi within the 9688 bypass psi range). So really, Fram just joining many other filter makers now.

However, IF they are doing away with the longer 4386 and selling the shorty 4967 only, I would be surprised. But, with First Brands calling the shots I suppose anything possible. Time will tell.
The only wildcard would be Subarus - they do have a filter for the turbo EJ20/25(PH9715) but calls for a 3593A/6607/7317 for others. While the rest of the aftermarket have the “correct” filter.

The only wildcard would be Subarus - they do have a filter for the turbo EJ20/25(PH9715) but calls for a 3593A/6607/7317 for others. While the rest of the aftermarket have the “correct” filter.
You asserted that "Fram is consolidating all 4386/4967 to the smaller 4967 can". I asked if you have a citing/source for that assertion, or if it was simply an anecdotal observation of OF stock at some store? I don't see answer to that question in the response here. So, still waiting on that one.

I never commented on any Subaru applications or any "correct filter". My quoted response was to another member mentioning that Fram's consolidation of the 3593a into the 9688 and that not being surprising to me because other OF manufacturers have had that set up for some time. However, that was a secondary observation to the initial 4386/4967 query.

Last edited:
Just got a new one of these in the mail from amazon...date code was 063 so basically early march...still nitrile ADBV 😤 still will use for 5k.

Back