Fram oil filters at Advance Auto

Where are all these "rusty" Frams? How many "rusty" Frams have you seen posted here in the last 10 years? :ROFLMAO:
There is an older thread on here about it with the link to the video. Go to the store and look down in one it’s rusty at the bottom at least the standard orange can ones are.

There is an older thread on here about it with the link to the video. Go to the store and look down in one it’s rusty at the bottom at least the standard orange can ones are.

One found and posted years ago on YouTube ... yet, there haven't been any posted in this forum. Go figure. I think I know the bogus video you're thinking of. Guy most likely sabotaged it for click bait.

If it was a probem, members here would have been reporting and posting it all over the place. This forum debunks a lot of the non-sense seen on YouTube.

One found and posted years ago on YouTube ... yet, there haven't been any posted in this forum. Go figure. I think I know the bogus video you're thinking of. Guy most likely sabotaged it for click bait.

If it was a probem, members here would have been reporting and posting it all over the place.
Well I still don’t trust them I have seen more than one video on it. He cut the filter open and showed where the rust was at the bottom.

Well I still don’t trust them I have seen more than one video on it. He cut the filter open and showed where the rust was at the bottom.

Is that the same jackwagon who cut a Fram open with a bench grinder and damaged the internals, only to then blame Fram quality control for the damage? Clickbait artist supreme 💩

No he used a filter cutter on it he compared it next to some others.

If you want to stay away from the orange cans because of this so be it but since we are talking about Fram cans sold at AAP in this thread, Titanium and Force in particular, all of those have likely been made during this calendar year. I would be incredibly surprised to find out that any Titanium or Force filter had any corrosion.

If you want to stay away from the orange cans because of this so be it but since we are talking about Fram cans sold at AAP in this thread, Titanium and Force in particular, all of those have likely been made during this calendar year. I would be incredibly surprised to find out that any Titanium or Force filter had any corrosion.
They sell the regular as well which is the one I seen the rust in.

Nope Mann filters have never been in my area at any parts place they are special order. My AA doesn’t even carry the regular Fram because of the rust issue only the Ultra and I think Titanium is what they carry and they told me they sell occasionally but not as much as the Purolator Boss and Motorcraft and stuff

Didn't we hash over the rust issue in a previous post?

But you can't see the bottom, we've been over this. The fibre media end cap is in the way. At BEST you might see the top of the leaf spring that supports the media and the bypass valve in the centre of it if equipped.

They sell the regular as well which is the one I seen the rust in.

Here's a C&P of a "regular" FRAM on here:

As you can see, the only part you could see that's metal from looking down the centre tube is the tube itself and the part with the black plastic bypass valve in it, of which you wouldn't see much. Often, glue is mistaken for rust too, as it is similar in colour.

But you can't see the bottom, we've been over this. The fibre media end cap is in the way. At BEST you might see the top of the leaf spring that supports the media and the bypass valve in the centre of it if equipped.
Well I thought it was metal at the bottom you could see that’s sure what it looks like at the store.!

Any filter can rust inside (it's not stainless steel) depending on how and where it was stored, and for how long. How do you know the one shown on YouTube wasn't some old filter that was stored in a very humid climate, or that it might have even gotten wet somehow. I though I read somewhere (maybe Motorking mentioned it) that Fram and other filter makers spay an anti-rust coating inside the can during production.

Like I said, if rust inside Frams was a common issue we would have seen rusty insides on many of the Frams cut and posted here. Guess I'd like to challenge anyone reading this to dig one up over the last 10 years, because I truly can't recall seeing any, or at least a few that would have spark my attention.

Any filter can rust inside (it's not stainless steel) depending on how and where it was stored, and for how long. How do you know the one shown on YT wasn't some old filter that was stored in a very humid climate, or that it might have even gotten wet somehow. I though I read somewhere (maybe Motorking mentioned it) that Fram and other filter makers spay an anti-rust coating inside the can during production.

Like I said, it rust inside Frams was a common issue we would have seen rusty insides on many of the Frams cut and posted here. Guess I'd like to challenge anyone reading this to dig one up over the last 10 years, because I truly can't recall seeing any, or at least a few that would have spark my attention.
I did find a thread on here a few weeks ago with the link to the video now I can’t find it but it was the exact video I watched about two years ago when Me and my dad made this discovery. Everyone talked about how the guy was an idiot which I disagree with but that’s what they thought of him.

Well I thought it was metal at the bottom you could see that’s sure what it looks like at the store.!

The only thing you are seeing at the bottom is part of that leaf spring, which wouldn't be very large, because it's surrounded by the media end cap for the filter media. And it will typically, in most applications, have that bypass valve protruding through it. There's no way to see the bottom of the can.

I did find a thread on here a few weeks ago with the link to the video now I can’t find it but it was the exact video I watched about two years ago when Me and my dad made this discovery. Everyone talked about how the guy was an idiot which I disagree with but that’s what they thought of him.

If a lot of old timer members here called him an idiot for valid reasons, he probably was. :ROFLMAO:

Look ... nobody should buy Purolators anymore because I found a rusted one ... o_O :D

Don't buy any Champion made filters either ... ;) :D Still looking for a Fram ... hummm.

Back