Fram OG Ultra & Synthetic Endurance (Just some pics)

Just some pics I took at Walmart side by side... cartridge style so you can see the media well.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2067.jpg
    IMG_2067.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2066.jpg
    IMG_2066.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 76
Both claim to have the same efficiency (99+% @ 20u) per Fram, and the construction is the same - and both made in the USA. I'd buy the one that costs the least in this case, since I don't care about the difference between a 20K and 25K mile use rating.

Both claim to have the same efficiency (99+% @ 20u) per Fram, and the construction is the same - and both made in the USA. I'd buy the one that costs the least in this case, since I don't care about the difference between a 20K and 25K mile use rating.

I originally thought the Synthetic Endurance had plastic mesh backing, and a thinner media.. but it seems that may have been just one model I saw in a YouTube video.. These two filters were both identical except for color. Very robust, and the media felt thick.. I honestly could not tell any difference except for the pink versus white media. I am curious if it is dyed pink.. or maybe its normally pink and then thew new media is bleached white... either way, much more similarities than differences.

The pink looks thicker to me, the white has more sharp corners at the edge of the pleats while the pink looks like it's more round, the Endurance are only a single layer while the old Ultra were a double layer, although the endurance the single layer is probably a little thicker than a single layer of the Ultra.

Great photos of these just be careful opening these inside the store. I do the same thing to take a peek but you never know.

I always open them up in the aisle before buying them. I have encountered quite a few cheap filters in more expensive boxes because some people are jerks.

Back