FRAM Extra Guard Pro Cut Open after 25K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pics of a Fram Extra Guard Pro PH9688 I took off a friends car. It was on the car for 25,000 miles.

100_3065.jpg

100_3051.jpg

100_3063.jpg

100_3077-2.jpg

100_3079-2.jpg

100_3080-2.jpg

100_3081-2.jpg

How does the "pro" version differ from the regular one? I've never seen or heard of the pro version.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Could have gone another 25k, easy!
lol.gif
I have no idea why anyone would run an oil filter for 25k, let alone an orange can. Well, really I do, but non would be benign, so no need to go there. But, it did hold together, if that's the measuring criteria.
21.gif
It looks similar to the one widman posted here not long ago. And similar to others posted, though 25k may be the longest interval.

Just curious, did the owner change their oil in the filter interval, or just add?

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: Patman
How does the "pro" version differ from the regular one? I've never seen or heard of the pro version.

I do not know, I assume only oil change places get the "pro" version, or as thirdeye said what walmart uses. It was last changed at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Could have gone another 25k, easy!
lol.gif
I have no idea why anyone would run an oil filter for 25k, let alone an orange can. Well, really I do, but non would be benign, so no need to go there. But, it did hold together, if that's the measuring criteria.
21.gif
It looks similar to the one widman posted here not long ago. And similar to others posted, though 25k may be the longest interval.

Just curious, did the owner change their oil in the filter interval, or just add?

Thanks for the pics.

Owner did not change nor add any oil that whole time. There was no makeup oil as she would never think to do that, I did tell her to check it and she always said it said it was full and she went 25K because she "never" had time to go get it changed or couldn't "afford" to get it changed. I do not live close to her, so I can't just stop by and change it. When I did it she left her car at my house when she took a business trip out of town so I changed it. Then sent it in to see if the engine was imploding because of her lack of care.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Nitrox
One photos looks like the filter media separated from the cardboard end caps.

No filter media separated from the cardboard end caps. I pulled on the cardboard end caps all the way around after I cut it open to see if they were still together with the media and they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back