FRAM Drive 9688 w/pics $4.99 @AAP

In the squared off area, 'looks' to me to be the letter "Y" identifier Champ Labs uses on some of base plates. They use other letters as well but Y common and used on ST9688 as well. Difference here 'appears' to be a raised rather than indented like on the ST. Could be forming the baseplate just a tad differently, resulting in raised "Y" id on the Drive.

Last edited:
In the squared off area, 'looks' to me to be the letter "Y" identifier Champ Labs uses on some of base plates. They use other letters as well but Y common and used on ST9688 as well. Difference here 'appears' to be a raised rather than indented like on the ST. Could be forming the baseplate just a tad differently, resulting in raised "Y" id on the Drive.
Good eyes there Sajac. It does look like a sideways "Y", but it looks stamped into the baseplate and not raised.

20210401_084524-2.jpg

Good eyes.

Now hopefully that inlet part of the base just looks off center due to camera angle.

I wonder why they went with the ecore construction.

Is ecore and Fram still related? I didn’t think they were.

I’d use it worry free, but it certainly isn’t a bargain either.

Wallyworld is cheaper and I really like the grippy stuff.
Do these have the entire can coated in grippy stuff?
That needs to be $2.99.
The Champ made Supertech is that price, and looks very similar.
Super Tech is $2.97, made by the same company and looks the same. Maybe there are some small differences in specs. Fram owns a lot of shelf now in the stores.
Does Champ make these?
I wonder why they went with the ecore construction.

Is ecore and Fram still related? I didn’t think they were.

I’d use it worry free, but it certainly isn’t a bargain either.
The Fram Core models used by Walmart tire and lube are e-core filters as well.

I don't think I would buy one of these even with a cheap oil/filter deal.
Even with one of their "deals", it is still cheaper to go to Walmart and buy the oil and a ST filter.

Does Champ make these?

Even with one of their "deals", it is still cheaper to go to Walmart and buy the oil and a ST filter.

Fram. Champ. They’re all the same.

PH9688 is $5.78 at my local Walmart. With the known issues with Hyundai/Kia startup noises, I would pay the extra for the silicone ADBV.

If your engine makes no startup rattle, then use that Drive filter.

Since Hyundai/Kia owners should consider their severe service intervals, is silicone really needed for the 3000 or 3750 interval? Its for the owner to decide.
Funny the one and only time I had startup noise on my hyundai was using a fram ultra. This looks suspiciously similar to the M1 M-104a sitting in my cabinet.

Attachments

• 16173420876002011201910027137161.jpg
    16173420876002011201910027137161.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 23
So it’s Drive, Force and Titanium now.
I’d prefer some pattern tho like
1. Drive, Force, Push (or Potency)
2. Argentum, Palladium, Titanium (could have also come up with a lifetime filter Kryptonite)

Funny the one and only time I had startup noise on my hyundai was using a fram ultra. This looks suspiciously similar to the M1 M-104a sitting in my cabinet.
I don't think that M1-104a you have is an Ecole like the FD9688.

So it’s Drive, Force and Titanium now.
I’d prefer some pattern tho like
1. Drive, Force, Push (or Potency)
2. Argentum, Palladium, Titanium (could have also come up with a lifetime filter Kryptonite)
Drive 7500
Extra guard 10000
Tough guard 15000
FORCE 15000
Titanium 20000
Ultra 20000
🤔

Does Champ make these?

The ST filters are solid. Every time I cut one open, it’s pretty boring. I use them on my truck all the time.

Back