FP treat ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commonly accepted level is 1 oz / 5 gal, right? I expect my gallon to show up in the mail this week, and I want to verify before using. Any harm from using at higher levels? What kind of "wiggle room" do I have (any harm in adding 4-5 oz to a 15 gallon tank)?

According to Terry's report, there is no problem until you hit a 10% mixture.
smile.gif

Nova, no need to mix any higher ratios as it is a waste of money. Molakule ran our bench testing using FP up to 10 x the normal mix ratio with no negatives except wasted $$. Head temps did increase at this level but not in any harmful level. see section 4.2 of the report.

This stuff is active and perfect at the 1 to 5 gallon mix ratio for diesel or gasoline. Once you clean up try weaning down a bit to fine tune.

I find 1/2 ounce to 5 gallons on my personal cars is good most of the time. Odis was testing a International V8 diesel at 1/2 ounce and less and still getting a significant bump in MPG.

See the testing paper by Dyson Analysis at lubecontrol.com or www.bobistheoilguy.com/brochures/lc.pdf

We should have a updated paper out soon, including 15 months of seal and hose testing that shows the LC and FP products are safe to all known seals used in automotive apps.

Terry

Thanks, Terry! One more question: Don't I remember you saying that this stuff will disperse through the gasoline, even if you add it at home? Typically, I add additives right before fill-up, while I am at the pump. Is this necessary with FP?

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
Thanks, Terry! One more question: Don't I remember you saying that this stuff will disperse through the gasoline, even if you add it at home? Typically, I add additives right before fill-up, while I am at the pump. Is this necessary with FP?

It will mix better if you add the FP 1st. That is what I do and I usually round up to the next 5 gallons (12 gallons of fuel= 3oz FP) seems to work great!

Odis swears it moves to and seeks heat.

I know I have had good results pouring it in my daughters cars here that refuse to take a bottle to the gas station with them !

Optimum application would be to pour in the FP first then pump the fuel on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back