Found some GC Green in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to an AZ in Houston today and found 7 bottles of GC Green on the shelf (and no other GC at all). Their computer said they had 111 bottles of that SKU on hand, but the clerk couldn't find any of them. They must be around someplace; surely they would have corrected an inventory mistake of that magnitude by now.

One of the bottles doesn't have a lot code on the bottom of the bottle ... but it looks just like the others, and yes, it does say Made in Germany. The others are M0428 & M0497.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to try this oil in my 06 Subaru Legacy GT (2.5 F-4 Turbo).

AZ @ N. Shepherd @ W. 11th, in the Heights.

I noticed after my post that one of the seals was broken, but the oil looks & smells the same as the rest of the batch.

My wife gave me a really strange look when I came home with this stuff. She knows I already have a few boxes of M1 in the garage... She is out right now and I am already tempted to go looking for more...

Where in La Porte is the GC located? I've already checked the AZ just inside town on Fairmont Parkway - all they have is the really old pre green GC. I'll buy all the GC they have if I can get to it.

Bicster: I'm on my second OCI with "green" GC in my Impreza WRX STi. My first OCI with this oil stretched out to 5,900 miles (I had intended to change it out after 5,000 miles but ran over due to other commitments). I just sent off an oil sample to Blackstone Labs for a UOA (with TBN). Keep your eye out for the UOA in the UOA Forum if you want to see how GC holds up in my Stage 1 STi (2.5L turbo; 320 HP).

AndyH, how many miles do you have on your STi? Did you notice any drop in MPG when you switched to GC? What about consumption? Thanks!

Bicster: I'm currently sitting at 15,900 miles on my STi. The first 10,000 miles I used conventional and semi-synthetic oil the car, and then made the switch to GC at the 10,000 mile mark.

Prior to making the switch to GC, I didn't track my MPG. Since switching to GC I've been averaging about 20 MPG overall which I feel is pretty darn good for the performance offered by this car. Consumption over my last 5,900 OCI was approx. 1/2 quart of GC. Prior to that I only ran 2,500 OCI's and didn't feel the need to add any oil during the OCI (although I probably could have if I wanted to keep the oil on the Full line).

I got a real good deal on Mobil 1 EP (32 qts for $1.12/qt) and just have no need for so much oil. I still have 15 qts of the green that I am going to use. It showed an excelent UOA on my car, I just don't really need it.
dunno.gif

I still have 70+ qts of oil that will last me 5+ years with my OCI.

Target about a month or two ago. Some of them had it on clearance (2 stores), some did not (3 stores). It was only Mobil 1 EP 15w-50.
Funny thing is, one of the stores that had it on clearance (which I cleaned out) had it restocked a few weeks later at full price (still a deal @ $5.36/qt, Target does not charge different prices for Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 EP).

I bought some more GC Green at the AZ on Montrose today.

I also found some GC Gold at that location, as well as some other GC "european formula" M0528. The green was way in the back with the rest of the old stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back