Found! GC

Quite a few quarts of M0402 GC! [Happy] Since I am approaching my next UOA (1K away) I began my search for some GC since it is hard to come by where I am at. Last change I ended up driving an hour to find it and then I still had to make two stops. I was in AZ yesterday to get a code read so I glanced at the shelf. Not seeing any yellow labels, but not checking where the oil was made, I left emptyhanded. Last night I read that the labels had changed so I headed back today. I ran across seven quarts, with six of them being the M0402 batch code, the other one I saw was, IIRC, M02... I didnt dig any deeper since those seven were all at the front of the shelf. I grabbed the six M0402 and am now set for the cars next service. Ill head back in a few days to get some more for later.

Awesome, wish I could find the stuff. Best oil their is IMO. Just don't let those polygamists get to the rest!! (just joking) [Big Grin] [Cheers!]

quote:
Originally posted by ExDelayed: Quite a few quarts of M0402 GC! [Happy]
Ooh, Batch M0402...ExDelayed, you must be very careful...Batch M0402...mmmm...very powerful stuff...have you ever handled SLX before? If not, be very, very ,very careful...and...by the way...E-N-J-O-Y!!!! [Happy] [Big Grin] [Happy]

quote:
Originally posted by ExDelayed: Quite a few quarts of M0402 GC! [Happy] Since I am approaching my next UOA (1K away) I began my search for some GC since it is hard to come by where I am at. Last change I ended up driving an hour to find it and then I still had to make two stops. I was in AZ yesterday to get a code read so I glanced at the shelf. Not seeing any yellow labels, but not checking where the oil was made, I left emptyhanded. Last night I read that the labels had changed so I headed back today. I ran across seven quarts, with six of them being the M0402 batch code, the other one I saw was, IIRC, M02... I didnt dig any deeper since those seven were all at the front of the shelf. I grabbed the six M0402 and am now set for the cars next service. Ill head back in a few days to get some more for later.
Gee, you're behind the times. I just picked up six qts of M0409 at my well-trained Autozone. See my last post concerning how I've got them conditioned ( http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=42;t=000584;p=1#000004 ). Of course, I have about 15-20 qts of the M0332 vintage to use up before I get to the newer stuff. Thanks ever so much pscholte -- this is all your fault. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by buster: Awesome, wish I could find the stuff. Best oil their is IMO. Just don't let those polygamists get to the rest!! (just joking) [Big Grin] [Cheers!]
Poor poor, buster, help him find SLX we must. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by ekpolk: Thanks ever so much pscholte -- this is all your fault. [Wink]
You love it and you know it!

Ive been to almost every AutoZone within 50 miles now and i only found six quarts of batch M023386TAG785.They were tricky too.Every third bottle was the GC all the rest was yellow label USA stuff.Has anyone used a batch this old?This GC actually could be a good money maker on Ebay.Wonder how much GC could go for.

quote:
This GC actually could be a good money maker on Ebay.Wonder how much GC could go for.
Most people don't know there are different Syntecs [Roll Eyes]

ExDelayed

quote:
Originally posted by pscholte: have you ever handled SLX before?
Thats whats in the car right now. [Smile] Cant remember the batch code though.

quote:
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
quote:
Originally posted by pscholte: have you ever handled SLX before?
Thats whats in the car right now. [Smile] Cant remember the batch code though.

Good...you're a veteran. [Big Grin]

ExDelayed

Oh no. Now I have eleven quarts of the M0402 and one of M0202. [Embarrassed] I have taken so much of their stock they are down to the older yellow labeled GC, M01311, to be exact.

Please help a newbie junkie. Anyone be kind enough to educate me on this whole batch theory? Are some batches better than others? And where should I look for the batch numbers? I finally saw the stuff today. Went to AutoZone just to see it.

quote:
Originally posted by element: Please help a newbie junkie. Anyone be kind enough to educate me on this whole batch theory? Are some batches better than others? And where should I look for the batch numbers?
It's a lot like looking for the vintage (which day it was made) on screw top wines.