Found! GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few quarts of M0402 GC!
fruit.gif

Since I am approaching my next UOA (1K away) I began my search for some GC since it is hard to come by where I am at. Last change I ended up driving an hour to find it and then I still had to make two stops. I was in AZ yesterday to get a code read so I glanced at the shelf. Not seeing any yellow labels, but not checking where the oil was made, I left emptyhanded.

Last night I read that the labels had changed so I headed back today. I ran across seven quarts, with six of them being the M0402 batch code, the other one I saw was, IIRC, M02... I didnt dig any deeper since those seven were all at the front of the shelf. I grabbed the six M0402 and am now set for the cars next service. Ill head back in a few days to get some more for later.

Awesome, wish I could find the stuff. Best oil their is IMO. Just don't let those polygamists get to the rest!! (just joking)
grin.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ExDelayed:
fruit.gif

Ooh, Batch M0402...ExDelayed, you must be very careful...Batch M0402...mmmm...very powerful stuff...have you ever handled SLX before? If not, be very, very ,very careful...and...by the way...E-N-J-O-Y!!!!
fruit.gif
grin.gif
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ExDelayed:
fruit.gif

Since I am approaching my next UOA (1K away) I began my search for some GC since it is hard to come by where I am at. Last change I ended up driving an hour to find it and then I still had to make two stops. I was in AZ yesterday to get a code read so I glanced at the shelf. Not seeing any yellow labels, but not checking where the oil was made, I left emptyhanded.

Last night I read that the labels had changed so I headed back today. I ran across seven quarts, with six of them being the M0402 batch code, the other one I saw was, IIRC, M02... I didnt dig any deeper since those seven were all at the front of the shelf. I grabbed the six M0402 and am now set for the cars next service. Ill head back in a few days to get some more for later.

Gee, you're behind the times. I just picked up six qts of M0409 at my well-trained Autozone. See my last post concerning how I've got them conditioned ( http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=42;t=000584;p=1#000004 ). Of course, I have about 15-20 qts of the M0332 vintage to use up before I get to the newer stuff. Thanks ever so much pscholte -- this is all your fault.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Awesome, wish I could find the stuff. Best oil their is IMO. Just don't let those polygamists get to the rest!! (just joking)
grin.gif
cheers.gif

Poor poor, buster, help him find SLX we must.
grin.gif

Ive been to almost every AutoZone within 50 miles now and i only found six quarts of batch M023386TAG785.They were tricky too.Every third bottle was the GC all the rest was yellow label USA stuff.Has anyone used a batch this old?This GC actually could be a good money maker on Ebay.Wonder how much GC could go for.

Oh no. Now I have eleven quarts of the M0402 and one of M0202.
blush.gif

I have taken so much of their stock they are down to the older yellow labeled GC, M01311, to be exact.

Please help a newbie junkie.

Anyone be kind enough to educate me on this whole batch theory? Are some batches better than others? And where should I look for the batch numbers?

I finally saw the stuff today. Went to AutoZone just to see it.

quote:

Originally posted by element:
Please help a newbie junkie.

Anyone be kind enough to educate me on this whole batch theory? Are some batches better than others? And where should I look for the batch numbers?

It's a lot like looking for the vintage (which day it was made) on screw top wines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back