Found dent in bottom of oil filter a dew days after O.C..

Won't be able to hear anything loose with oil remaining in the bottom or side of the oil filter . May have to put a hole in the bottom to drain it out and try to measure the amount . Not looking forward to the mess .

Won't be able to hear anything loose with oil remaining in the bottom or side of the oil filter . May have to put a hole in the bottom to drain it out and try to measure the amount . Not looking forward to the mess .
Stick something like Q-tips in the base plate holes to hold the ADBV open, then let it drain in the funnel with base down like you were already doing.

Checked the oil filter yesterday and the oil drained out . Shook it and didn't hear anything .

If you damaged the leaf-spring or coil spring at the end of the filter, there may no longer be sufficient internal compression load on all the parts. Result would be a bypass (no filtration).

Was most likely damaged by road debris . Sound of hit to bottom was that of metal . There's a garbage transfer station nearby . Metal is accepted there .

Something hit the oil filter in my TJ once too, it was slightly damp with oil along the mark. I was glad I caught it when I did!

Attachments

• jeepoilf.jpg
    jeepoilf.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 29
Back