Found 100% Gas for my OPE toys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Government joke is all this ethanol stuff is. But at least some of you guy`s have the non ethanol stations near you.

Used to go out to the small, local airport and get a couple 5 gal cans of the high octane regular leaded on our way to the drag strip. That was in the late 70s and the 80s.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
One of our local cash-only stations now carries ethanol-free premium (91).
banana2.gif

The station, Buck's Discount Center, went E10, back when the Montreal refineries for the area switched to E10, in July 2010, so I was excited to see real gas back at the pump, even it was only high-priced premium. I don't go there often, since I usually pay with a credit card, but they now proudly display "Ethanol Free" above the 91 pump handle. (They used to have "Ethanol Free" on the large sign board next to the marquee before the switch)

It was pricey ($4.60/gal.), but two gallons of mix should last me for a while in my weed wacker, chainsaw, and blower/vac.

I'll probably continue using E10 in the Lawn Boy mower mix, since I use much more of it, but may switch it out to E0 for the last run of the season, next year.

OilNerdLicensePlateSmall.jpg

The alcohol was an oxidizer in the gas in addition to solving the worlds energy problems for the next millennium (or so Bush said). Before that it was MTBE (which we should go back to, it can be made with cheap natural gas).

So what is the oxidizer in the winter for this E0 gas?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Maybe you should start your own premix business. It sells for a little over $5 a QT.

LOL! No way I'd ever own a business in this state ever again. The first time, I can blame youth and naivety. To do so again would just be plain stupid. I'd probably need 12 different permits and licenses.

Hahaha I'm pretty shure it would be 1200 permits LOL...gotta love nys...and yes the airport stuff is pretty good. My quad drinks the 100ll on ocasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back