Fort Worth Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years I have complained ad nauseum of the inability of Fort Worth drivers to negotiate a double left turn lane.

The inside lane will attempt to go to the outside and the outside lane will attempt to force the inside to turn head on into oncoming traffic. Ugghhh.

Maybe they are reading the signs:

ftworthdrivers.jpg

Seems legit

Whenever i'm at a double left hand turn lane, i'll always pick the inside lane cause then I don't have to worry about some idiot not realizing it's a double left turn. Most likely the drivers in the right lane are paying attention and will stay in the right lane.

Nice sign. Is that a fake, or a real one? Makes no sense.

I'm with motor_oil_madman, always try to eliminate the danger of dumb drivers around you.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Whenever i'm at a double left hand turn lane, i'll always pick the inside lane cause then I don't have to worry about some idiot not realizing it's a double left turn. Most likely the drivers in the right lane are paying attention and will stay in the right lane.

Most of the time, drivers in Fort Worth are okay. But double left turn lanes make them stupid.

They will try to go from left center to far left, far left to far right...etc... it's not nearly as prevalent in Arlington. Occasionally somebody will stupid themselves into the wrong lane but for the most part they do what they are supposed to do. I don't drive in Dallas....there is nothing in Dallas that I want that I cannot get to by train. Parking costs nearly as much or more than a train ticket anyway. But at certain intersections in Ft Worth when the arrow light goes green, it is an insane scramble for whatever lane you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back