Formula 1 starting already this weekend?

Seems early. Any predictions? Will Red Bull continue their dominance. Will Haas get out of the cellar?

They added two more races. So Max should be able to improve on his 575 points last season and get around 625 points this year. 😏

I'm waiting to see if Ferrari has closed the gap and can pressure Max for wins?

Can't wait to hear the name Visa Cash App Racing Bulls and Stake F1 Team Kick Sauber this season during the broadcasts....

Remember, for those of us in the US the GP is Saturday Morning. Also if you have F1 TVPro, the Multiviewer app is free and lets you stream multiple different streams at the same time.
Read about this. Ramadan starts at sunset Saturday March 9. So the Saudi Arabian race must be held on Saturday. F1 requires a week off between races so Bahrain needed to bumped up to Saturday.

Sick of Redbull

Just because we need real competition
Not at all here. Just like I wasn't sick of Mercedes even though I was rooting for others. There's a big difference. ;)
Let them enjoy the fruits of their (hard) labors of getting it more right than others.
There is competition. The sharp end of the stick doesn't suffer those who get it almost right.

I do wish they would have much fewer rules on design while simultaneously not having runaway spending. Tough balance to be sure.

Not at all here. Just like I wasn't sick of Mercedes even though I was rooting for others. There's a big difference. ;)
Let them enjoy the fruits of their (hard) labors of getting it more right than others.
There is competition. The sharp end of the stick doesn't suffer those who get it almost right.

I do wish they would have much fewer rules on design while simultaneously not having runaway spending. Tough balance to be sure.
Back marker competition is not the same.

I don't want Redbull to fail. Want others to better compete. Redbull and Max are fairly amazing. Perez is a nitwit 51.9% of the time. Put even lightweight LeClerc in that car.......even Sainz..........

Sick of Redbull

Just because we need real competition
RB has arguably the best arero dept. Mercedes has had their team poached to other teams so they've been weakened over the past 3 years. Ferrari may finally be there but reliability was a big issue for them last season so they're an unknown. McLaren is right there.

Perhaps the current sideshow involving Christian Horner will cause RB to stumble?

I don't want Redbull to fail. Want others to better compete. Redbull and Max are fairly amazing. Perez is a nitwit 51.9% of the time. Put even lightweight LeClerc in that car.......even Sainz..........
Leclerc for whatever reason has had many faults of his own. Still has a lot to prove in terms of being a top challenger.
Perez and Sainz are about the same level - they've shown over many years to be reliable talent.

Preseason testing seemed to indicate Max is going to continue to dominate, with perhaps a little more competition, but still run away with the championship.
That doesn't bother me, he's that good.

Battle for 2nd or at least 3rd could be interesting.

Leclerc for whatever reason has had many faults of his own. Still has a lot to prove in terms of being a top challenger.
Perez and Sainz are about the same level - they've shown over many years to be reliable talent.

Preseason testing seemed to indicate Max is going to continue to dominate, with perhaps a little more competition, but still run away with the championship.
That doesn't bother me, he's that good.

Battle for 2nd or at least 3rd could be interesting.
Not sure I would agree on the reliable part, but they are definitely talented, but have some moments of "fits" or whatever we can call it. I would say Sainz had some terrible breaks last season.

LeClerc the few times last season swapping the lead with Max were definitely the best 2023 moments. Simply no comparison to some 6 vs 7 position battle. LeClerc seems a tad timid, but the Ferrari just didn't seem enough car for his driving style IMHO - this is probably all illusion because the RB car is that good.

But yeah, I still don't see anyone matching RB. Yet. And that sucks for F1 as a whole.

LEC had issues right at the beginning with brake bias. Sainz driving for himself this year

I like the new DRS rule where it's available after lap 1 rather than lap 2. This forces No 1 to drive harder on the first lap in order to try to get ahead by more than 1 sec and break DRS.

Not sure I would agree on the reliable part, but they are definitely talented, but have some moments of "fits" or whatever we can call it. I would say Sainz had some terrible breaks last season.

LeClerc the few times last season swapping the lead with Max were definitely the best 2023 moments. Simply no comparison to some 6 vs 7 position battle. LeClerc seems a tad timid, but the Ferrari just didn't seem enough car for his driving style IMHO - this is probably all illusion because the RB car is that good.

But yeah, I still don't see anyone matching RB. Yet. And that sucks for F1 as a whole.
Are they still using Honda engines?

Race was entertaining from the mid-pack back. Otherwise looks like more of the same.

Got to work early and set up MultiViewer on my work (I own it) PC. So nice using it on a big monitor.

IMG_2922.jpg

RB has arguably the best arero dept
I want to say they have some tricks in the power dept also. Max runs away from the start, always wins the drag race to the first turn.

Does RB also have the downforce aspect dominated? The RB cars just do better in turns and comes with speed...so it appears they are just sucked harder to the ground.

My observations anyway.

Back