Ford Seeks to Gain Amid Rivals' Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
People complain about the Japanese companies building cars here, saying the money goes back to Japan. If the money is that important, then Ford should get credit for building a car cheaper in Mexico that is good enough to sell well here, while helping Ford's bottom line in the US. But no matter what any of these companies do, someone will find fault with it. Considering the current condition of the world economy, I think we should all at least be happy that Ford is a solvent company right now, even if they're doing it with tarot cards or tea leaves.

Originally Posted By: Cogito
People complain about the Japanese companies building cars here, saying the money goes back to Japan. If the money is that important, then Ford should get credit for building a car cheaper in Mexico that is good enough to sell well here, while helping Ford's bottom line in the US. But no matter what any of these companies do, someone will find fault with it. Considering the current condition of the world economy, I think we should all at least be happy that Ford is a solvent company right now, even if they're doing it with tarot cards or tea leaves.

The profit, after paying all of the thousands of American workers, expenses of all of the American factories involved (we have a Toyota engine casting plant up the road in Jackson, TN)., goes to the stockholders. If we also want to share in the profits, we should tell our brokers to buy us some Toyota or Honda stock.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Originally Posted By: Cogito

The profit, after paying all of the thousands of American workers, expenses of all of the American factories involved (we have a Toyota engine casting plant up the road in Jackson, TN)., goes to the stockholders. If we also want to share in the profits, we should tell our brokers to buy us some Toyota or Honda stock.

thank you. I'm tired of hearing the ignorant 'money goes to japan' line. still better than paying bonuses to worthless american executives who set up "american" companies in off shore tax havens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back