Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it is auto recall season. Particularly those involving fires. Ford is recalling 2 million 2015 through 2018 F-150 trucks for catching on fire. Sure glad they have had a change of heart since the Pinto. I know. Ancient history. But couldn't pass on another issue with Fords catching on fire.

How long has it been since Ford recalled over 8 million SUVs and trucks because of fires caused by cruise control modules overheating and catching cars on fire? IIRC, a few houses were burned down when owners parked their Ford in the garage, and went inside for the night. CC module overheated, car caught on fire and set the house on fire. I don't think anyone died in any of the instances. Not like the Pinto and the infamous cost-benefit analysis.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-over-seat-belt-fire-risk-idUSKCN1LM1OA

I remember watching Live PD and the cops went to check on a possible burglary and
As they were in the house a late model F150 started to burn right in front of them outside.
It went up quickly!

Originally Posted by BHopkins
Looks like it is auto recall season. Particularly those involving fires. Ford is recalling 2 million 2015 through 2018 F-150 trucks for catching on fire. Sure glad they have had a change of heart since the Pinto. I know. Ancient history. But couldn't pass on another issue with Fords catching on fire.

How long has it been since Ford recalled over 8 million SUVs and trucks because of fires caused by cruise control modules overheating and catching cars on fire? IIRC, a few houses were burned down when owners parked their Ford in the garage, and went inside for the night. CC module overheated, car caught on fire and set the house on fire. I don't think anyone died in any of the instances. Not like the Pinto and the infamous cost-benefit analysis.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-over-seat-belt-fire-risk-idUSKCN1LM1OA

I remember that issue very well on the Aerostars, Explorers and F150 IIRC Dateline NBC did a "Special investigation" on it back in the 90's/early 00's ??

Back in late 90's my dad had a '90 sable wagon with the 3.8 and out of nowhere it caught on fire one night while they were driving to a restaurant, Almost killed my 2 brothers/parents !!

With that incident and my moms POS '92 Taurus with its "self destructing" transmission issues, That was the end of Ford in our family

GM/Toyota products have been the main brand in our family since then with little to no issues with them

Dave

What I've seen and read of these fire accounts on the net it appears there is good and bad news. Good news is that the fire usually happens a few minutes after the pretensioner fires as the sparks smolder in the cab foam. So hopefully the accident is over, you are out of the vehicle and whoa there she goes. Now the bad news what if the driver or passengers are unconscious or unable to extract themselves from the vehicle? Then you have a MAJOR problem Other biggie is that the all aluminum truck melts down really quickly.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back