Ford Emissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ons-testing-after-workers-find-a-problem (Video at this link as well)

Ford Motor Co. revealed its emission testing could be flawed and took pains to soothe anxiety among investors in an industry wracked by years of pollution scandals.

Ford said workers raised concerns about its testing in September, and it's since hired an outside firm to help conduct an investigation that could stretch into the summer. Along with the unidentified firm and regulators, the company will look into how it's used road-load specifications to simulate how aerodynamic drag and tire friction can affect fuel economy outside testing labs.

By speaking up Thursday, even before sorting out just how big a dilemma it faces, Ford managed to keep shareholders relatively calm. An initial stock swoon following the disclosure gave way to a tempered drop. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency also signaled it's pleased the company stepped forward voluntarily.

-- CONTINUED --

I wonder how much of this is due to confusion brought on by the regulators ? And if any is due to cheating by Ford .

I do not currently own a Ford , so in one way , I do not have a dog in this hunt .

But , I do not trust big business . I do not trust big labor . I do not trust big government .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I wonder how much of this is due to confusion brought on by the regulators ? And if any is due to cheating by Ford .

I do not currently own a Ford , so in one way , I do not have a dog in this hunt .

But , I do not trust big business . I do not trust big labor . I do not trust big government .

Your lack of trust in all three is well founded.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister

That's my take.

One of my problems , growing up during the Cold War , I grew up believing an awful lot of propaganda . Since then I have come to the conclusion that a lot of it is not necessary true . :-(

Or at least , not 100% true .

From what I have read and heard, apparently this is a pretty complex algorithm to to use in testing. It appears that someone on Ford's end put a wrong equation in the testing software and their QA missed it. It wasn't until after the software was used, that they discovered there was an issue. Then they notified the government and we'll see what happens. From my outsider perspective, this doesn't appear to be a nefarious error but more just a programming mistake. I work in software so I have seen some pretty bad ones go out the door. If this is the case, I wouldn't expect a diesel gate level of fine.

Originally Posted by PimTac
It doesn't matter anyway. We are all going to die in 12 years.

...‚...‚🤪🤪

11 years, 11 months and counting. I guess I better clean out my retirement account and spend it now.....

Originally Posted by PimTac
It doesn't matter anyway. We are all going to die in 12 years.

...‚...‚🤪🤪

lol.gif
01.gif
crazy2.gif

Every auto manufacturer IS actively or HAS recently cheated/skirted emissions to some capacity.....Now that it's under a microscope, Watch the dominos fall!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back