Ford - Coding Modules

We have a Ford B-Max with the 1.4 Sigma engine and a manual gearbox (The B-Max is a 'tall' MK7 Fiesta with sliding rear doors for those across the water).

My Wife and I are talking about purchasing a 'totalled' Fiesta ST next year and doing a full conversion as the 1.4 is painfully slow unless you are revving it to within an inch of it's life all the time.

I've been studying both B-Max and Fiesta wiring looms and while they are very similar there are differences. I've made a spreadsheet of each of the interface points between the engine loom and body loom/dash loom of the B-Max and the Fiesta for comparison and comfortable I could convert the Fiesta ST loom to plug directly into the B-Max's body/dash loom, it would just be a few pin changes in some of the plugs and removal the windscreen demist loom which is on the engine bay loom in the Fiesta but on the interior loom on the B-max.

The B-Max and Fiesta both seem to use the same BCM, and they even use all the same switchgear, instrument cluster etc.

What's the likelihood of being able to code the Fiesta ST ECU/PCM to happily work with the B-Max modules?

Obviously there is option B, which is to swap the entire Fiesta wiring looms, modules etc straight over into the B-Max, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Last edited:
Back