Ford 2021 E450 ABS module

wlk

We have a E450 at work that the ABS module locks up on while driving. Had a Transit van earlier this year do the same thing too. Pretty sure it is a 2021 but maybe a 2020 can't remember we got them in 2021. Ford is saying a global backorder on these, anyone experience these or can suggest a source that maybe able to rebuild? The dealership it is at now is trying to get on off the line but have not heard anything back from Ford yet. Thanks.

Tons of modules on backorder due to the ongoing chip shortage. Make sure the dealer has a COPIS case open and call the customer service number. I have lost track of how many times I have exhausted all of my available options and then the part shows up because the customer called and makes me look incompetent.

ABS shouldn't be required. I had the abs light turn on in my 03 but it didn't affect anything, went away after a while. Can't they just disconnect it, or is the computer still going to take that as a no and block you.

We can't disable it for safety reasons at work. If personal vehicle yes it is an option until one would be available but not here

Get a unit from a recycle center and use that until the new part comes in.

I did that while waiting on a unit to come in for my son's car.

Reactions: wlk
Get a unit from a recycle center and use that until the new part comes in.

I did that while waiting on a unit to come in for my son's car.
On a Ford truck that new its not likely that a used module could be programmed to the vehicle. For some reason the truck ABS modules usually wont accept a VIN or as built data change.

I have had good success with cloning the ABS modules just like in these videos. I use an AUTEL Maxisys to clone. I have not done an E450 though, so I have no first hand experience with that particular unit. But other Ford units have worked fine.

Maybe this might work, I don't know. But if the van needs to work, this might be a path to getting it on the road.

Good Luck!

Back