Ford 1.0-litre EcoBoost, engine of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MarcS
apparently the fiesta with this engine is one fun little go-cart and still manages 32/45 mpg. An off the shelf tune should make it respectably quick for not a lot of money

Fake news, the 2015-2017 Ford Fiesta SFE FWD 1.0 L, 3 cyl, Manual 5-spd, Turbo is rated at 31/41 on fuel economy gov. whats the point of making numbers up?

Does good for a little engine. Published numbers are 16.71 1/4 mile and 8.3 zero to sixty.
Not quick by anyone's standards, but good enough for what it does.

I have had tons of turbo cars, most of them 80's MoPar stuff. Never really gave me any huge issues

Time will tell with the Malibu. 259HP/310Ft/lbs of torque from a 2.0 (More in the Camaro/Regal GS/Cadillac ATS)
We have been happy with it. Runs nice and no issues thus far. We are at 35,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: mrj1
apparently the fiesta with this engine is one fun little go-cart and still manages 32/45 mpg. An off the shelf tune should make it respectably quick for not a lot of money

Fake news, the 2015-2017 Ford Fiesta SFE FWD 1.0 L, 3 cyl, Manual 5-spd, Turbo is rated at 31/41 on fuel economy gov. whats the point of making numbers up?

Really?!? I'm driving a 2015 Fiesta ST with the 1.6 Ecoboost and am getting steady 34 mpg in mostly city driving. I get 41-42 highway. I find your numbers really low and probably "fake news". I'm not making my numbers up, BTW.

LOL I didn't realize this was a news media organization.

my subaru is one fun little go-cart and still manages 5/99 mpg. An off the shelf tune should make it respectably quick for not a lot of money

$100 deductible 100K 8yr factory warranty is about $850 at discount. Covers motor mounts at that price.

I wonder how much the light weight helps handling?

my subaru is one fun little go-cart and still manages 5/99 mpg. An off the shelf tune should make it respectably quick for not a lot of money

You're being hyperbolic over 4 MPG.

There's literally no reason to spaz out over 4 MPG, I bet you're a ton of fun at parties.

Last edited:

For what it's worth, I've got over 50 MPG numerous times with my Focus 1.0. I'm sure the lighter Fiesta can do the same.

Yeah, if you get the small turbo engine in the Focus with the automatic, you get a decent automatic transmission too (not dual clutch).

I also wonder if this smaller engine frees up space in the engine compartment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back