For those who think shops roll in the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes we have to roll in other things too...

For example, I was replacing this starter on an 1989 Chevy K2500 today...
2rkLNQG.jpg

It belongs to a local hog farmer. Yes, the inside stunk like a hogs rear end! I had to lay on my shoulder to remove/align the door panel which made me smell like the inside of that truck...

He warned that he hauls the dead ones away with it too and that sometimes they get a little messy and he wasn't kidding. When the snow melted away from the bed, some of the hog's blood went with it. Fortunately the worst ran off outside!

bAiF7HT.jpg

So it's not all glory and $$$ for us shop guys...

Originally Posted By: DemoFly
Not that bad. If he was a cow farmer you would be 5 star dining.

You're right- the reality is that the stink far outweighed the blood. That odor lingered for quite a while after I wheeled the truck out!

That is Nasty. My dad and grandfather owned an RV repair shop for close to 50 years. I worked there a lot growing up. Ill never forget the first time I replaced the dump valve on a waste tank. The owner assured me it had been flushed clean. I didn't check and it had definitely not been flushed out.

You just take a shower and move on to the next job. Lay the clothes on the ground and spray them really well with a bit of soap before going to the washing machine or your wife will never let you hear the end of it.

i hope you changed the crank shaft position sensor. They go bad and cause this. Otherwise you will do this again.

Sometimes they even break the block.

Rod

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
i hope you changed the crank shaft position sensor. They go bad and cause this. Otherwise you will do this again.

Sometimes they even break the block.

Rod

I'm not so sure it has a CKP? Do you mean the pickup in the distributor?

Originally Posted By: SubyRoo
That is Nasty. My dad and grandfather owned an RV repair shop for close to 50 years. I worked there a lot growing up. Ill never forget the first time I replaced the dump valve on a waste tank. The owner assured me it had been flushed clean. I didn't check and it had definitely not been flushed out.

yup, it poured HONEY....
(had to help dad and my wife's granpa empty some outdoor house hole.....mmmm by the bucket)

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
You just take a shower and move on to the next job. Lay the clothes on the ground and spray them really well with a bit of soap before going to the washing machine or your wife will never let you hear the end of it.

OP/The_Eric,
wash any tools touching the pig truck in the dishwasher. obviously , don't tell her that...

One of our capital projects we lobbied for and won was replacing the toilet tanks on the commuter rail cars. You have to remove the top tank and transfer it over to the rebuilt tank. For a week or so it appeared birds veered off depending on the wind. The old tank had no liquid and was only filled with the bark-bundles that "filtered" everything.

I was always amazed at how many tomato plants would grow out of the open tanks and actually grew some impressive tomatos. However, even the birds knew to stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back