For all you Rush fans, today only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the local Detroit radio stations recently played Van Halen non-stop all weekend long.
shocked.gif
Yikes!
shocked.gif
What's more is that they "challenged" the other rock stations to do the same. I like Van Halen, normally, but enough is enough! It turned out that they just played the same songs, recorded live at different arenas, over and over again. I really wish they wouldn't do that. If they want to do a block of an hour or two, fine, but 48 or even 18 hours is too much.

Van Halen for about 1 hour at 250 W/Channel is about enough for me.

Only listen to them when the wife is out.

She listens to this Oldies but Goodies station and I had just 'bout enough of "Pretty, pretty, pretty, Peggy Sue, Oh Peggy..."
grin.gif

Huge fan of Rush and VH. Rush, much like Yes, has some very deep lyrics that border on "korny or gay" at times, but their music is awesome. Dream Theater is another band like this. It's mostly the progressive rock bands.

VH's new song isn't good but I'm glad Sammy is back and I'm looking forward to a new CD!!.
cheers.gif
fruit.gif

Rush's new album coming out the 29th will be all cover versions! That's a first. I'm still amazed at the quality of music (and lyrics) Rush puts out album after album, are there ANY bands this good out there? Heck, they play for 3+ hours every night, how many newer bands play for more than 2 hours??

Good to see Sammy back with VH again! To me, VH became better musicians in the first 3 albums he did with them.

Dream Theater is great, saw them about 10 years ago, awesome show! Love Metropolis, one of the best art/progressive rock song ever made!

quote:

are there ANY bands this good out there?

I'm 27 and I find it hard to get into some of today's rock. The prog rock is definitely weak today. Yes, Rush, Dream Theater etc. are bands with highly skilled musicians. John Patrucci of Dream Theater is sick on guitar. They all are amazing players. My brother, believe it or not, can play note for note what this guy plays. It's unbelievable. Kid is talented. We both grew up listening to Eddie, Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen etc. and it just seems that this was such a great time in music. But like anything else, things change/evolve.
smile.gif

WOW
shocked.gif
There are actually RUSH fans here on this site???? I'm freaking out
gr_eek2.gif
Been a Rush fan since I can remember. Neil is God on drums, I studied him for years and it paid off, played in bands throughout the 80's and 90's. Those gigs got me through college and is how I met my wife. I got Rush tickets for Dallas on the 23rd of this month. Yeah, they give mega-length concerts. You get you monies worth, for sure. They don't have any warm up acts but will still play for 3 plus hours.

they're going to be in detroit tomorrow, and i forgot to get tickets.

i've been to double-digit rush shows, and never seen a bad one. the last one at dte in 2002 was unbelievable.

i'll just have to listen to some cd's tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back