FoMoCo Ford Focus Factory Filter (Champ Labs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was on the car for 800 miles or so. Any metal shavings you see are from using a dremel tool to cut it open. Looks like a Champion Labs filter to me, from the baseplate. This thing has HEFT, the media is heavy! It is a very, very solid filter. I wish I could buy these Motorcraft filters for my car instead of the Purolator ones. Looks to have a thread end bypass valve.

DSC05198.jpg

DSC05197.jpg

DSC05199.jpg

DSC05200.jpg

DSC05201.jpg

DSC05202.jpg

DSC05203.jpg

DSC05204.jpg

DSC05205.jpg

DSC05206.jpg

DSC05207.jpg

Here is all the filters I cut open at the same time

DSC05222.jpg

DSC05223.jpg

DSC05224.jpg

Originally Posted By: dparm
Factory filter looks decent. Glad to see they didn't cheap out. How much do those retail for?

This filter? This is a Mobil 1/ K&N Style filter, which retail for over $10 each. The Purolator-built Motorcraft filters are usually less than $4 each.

Quote:
Quote:
Factory filter looks decent. Glad to see they didn't cheap out. How much do those retail for?

This filter? This is a Mobil 1/ K&N Style filter, which retail for over $10 each. The Purolator-built Motorcraft filters are usually less than $4 each.
So the FomoCo filter can be purchased for "over $10 each"? Or, to compare you would have to buy a M1/K&N for that money? Either way, if I was going to compare apples to apples, something like the Bosch Dist. Plus would be similar.

The other two filters (ST and Classic) are economy filters selling for
The FoMoCo looks fine, but that much better than the Motorcraft for less than half the price?
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:
Quote:

So the FomoCo filter can be purchased for "over $10 each"? Or, to compare you would have to buy a M1/K&N for that money? Either way, if I was going to compare apples to apples something like the Bosch Dist. Plus would be similar.

The other two filters (ST and Classic) are economy filters selling for div>

I'm not comparing them really. I cut them open because I had them. What I'm saying is that I wish the Motorcraft filters I bought from Wally world were these filters.

Quote:
I'm not comparing them really. I cut them open because I had them. What I'm saying is that I wish the Motorcraft filters I bought from Wally world were these filters.
Before i posted, I had just read your comments about being somewhat disappointed by the L10111 compared to the FoMoCo. Since the FoMoCo can't be purchased the closest similar design would likely be the K&N which runs $12+ in this area. The L10111, ~$3.50.

I guess if you really like the FoMoCo design, run a K&N.

Originally Posted By: Nick R

DSC05198.jpg

This photo reminds me of the generic beer with the white can and big letters saying BEER on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back