FNH,FNX-9mm OR S&W, M&P 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: unDummy
FiveSeven ammo

9mm choices

even 357sig seems plentiful

The local wallyworld, and 3 local 'hobby' shops have an unlimited supply of 9mm, 40sw, and even 357sig.... none had fiveseven. Not everyone reloads. Most online stores have plenty of choices in 9/40/357s.
What other gun manufacturers have 5.7 pistols? List them please cause the round is very interesting, even if I don't care who the local gov't contract was awarded to.

SW M&P, FNH FHX, HK, CZ, G17, G26, G19, XD/XDM/Sub.....coin toss. Pick the one that feels best to you.

I think that the 357sig, even if not too popular, will be around for a long time. For the pocket pistol crowd, I wish that more mfg'rs would adapt the 25NAA/32NAA and Makarov.

CTD, Yuck
smile.gif
Many PLaces have a lot of ammo cheaper
smile.gif
www.ammunitiontogo.com, www.midwayusa.com
smile.gif
smile.gif
.357 sig still costs almost double what .40 and or even .45 ACP costs.

Excel Arms manufactures one actual 5.7x28mm pistol. They also produce a rifle, and PBD (pistol by definition of law), pistol in 5.7x28mm. AR57 Center, also makes AR 5.7 Uppers. You can get a Thompson Center in 5.7, and I believe Savage is making a Bolt Action 5.7 rifle also.

Last edited:
But those aren't carry-able, are they?

Whether you like CTD or not, there was a point being made on ammo type and availability. There are just so many choices in the 5.7 at either ATG or MWusa too
smirk.gif

Cost? Whats the cost for the FN 5.7 weapon that are carry-able when compared to the 9mm/40ws/357sig? Double!

When Glock, Springfield, HK, FNH, Ruger, Taurus, Keltec, Beretta, Sig, Taurus...come out with 5.7 pistols, it will be a viable choice. It isn't! Until then, stick with the 9mm/40sw/357sig/45acp... or other common and available caliber.

Back to original thread poster, either of those quality 9mm pistols will be fine. Caliber/brand is for you to choose.

I would pick 9 or 40 as they seem to cost half of what 45 acp cost. Unless you reload but then there still would be somewhat of a savings. Not that 45acp is bad.

I was never trying to say the 5.7 was more available than .357 just commenting that FNH is no longer the sole producer of firearms chambered in it. Was not making an argument for and or against it nor the .357sig. My argument was that 9mm/40/45 is more available IMO than .357sig and for the most part sometimes half the cost. It's on par with those three commons. Anywho
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back