Florida customer shoots suspects during robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
The old guy gets two thumbs up for standing his ground.

And two down for missing shots bigtime if that is what occurred (it was nentioned in an above post, I cant really tell from the video, so there is a big IF here).

Gun control should merely mean (besides not being sick in the head and whatnot) being able to use it properly and demonstrating mastery, IMO.

Of course Ive never been in a situation like that (and hope never to be) to know what form would be like practically speaking.

Even in law enforcement qualifying, officers must make 70% or better durring qualifications.. thats without someone with a gun in front of them threatening them..

its rare for ANY marksman to make 100% especially when under duress..

this old man had two hits in a high stress situation where he acted and very well may have saved other patrons lives.. Lets not beat the fella up to bad.. the only person's who got hurt were the bad guys !! this is a success story if i ever heard one.

I originally posted this and I agree that this is a success story. There are alot of "what ifs" we could analyze, but the outcome was solid. Just in my own opinion, it would have been nice to have a higher caliber weapon, as I'm not overly fond of .380s, but it was effective enough to eliminate the threat.

This individual did exactly what he considered to be the best public (and private) interest and didn't hesitate. I think that is commendable considering we can watch and think about what he did right or wrong, yet he still seems to have made all the right choices.

Without getting too political, I think this story is exactly what I believe Florida (and Florida law) to be about. I'm sincerely glad to live in a state that allows its citizens so many rights and deep rooted rights, at that. It takes an entire operation to get to that point, including CCW permit holders exercising their rights, obeying the law, lobbying to maintain or improve laws, and some backboned individuals that push the matters is legislature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back