Fleetguard LF16035 Cut Open After ~12500KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was used on my Dodge Ram 3500 with the 6.7L Cummins, EGR/DPF Deleted with Aftermarket Intake. Amsoil 15W40, about 12500KM replaced with Shell Rotella T6 5W40.

XX9ZOHz.jpg

bCADxeb.jpg

2aq0MGu.jpg

9BKLHvh.jpg

XzKTmpc.jpg

y22JCBQ.jpg

MhteRWI.jpg

It's not the LF16035 is their stratapore filter. I used to used these, but ran into too many quality control problems, so I now use the Donaldson endurance. No rust, excess glue and no metal shavings on the threads. The stratapore filters down to 25 microns at 98.7 percent and 10 microns at 50 percent I believe. The Donaldson filters down to 15 and 7 at 50 percent.

Since the Canadian dollar is so bad I cannot afford to buy these filters anymore. I have one more left, my next choice is to run the Donaldson DBL7349 or the Wix 57620XE. Both are around $20 Canadian... leaning towards the Donaldson for efficiency reasons, but the Wix is more convenient to get. Donaldson 1 hour drive, Wix few minutes up the road.

Last edited:
Nice cut and post.

I like that Fleetguard LF16035 and have never seen any of the quality problems mentioned here.

Certainly everyone gets in a frenzy over the Donaldson's reportedly higher efficiency.

Baldwin and the Fleetguard built Mopar are also good options if you are okay with conventional cellulose media.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Nice cut and post.

I like that Fleetguard LF16035 and have never seen any of the quality problems mentioned here.

Certainly everyone gets in a frenzy over the Donaldson's reportedly higher efficiency.

Baldwin and the Fleetguard built Mopar are also good options if you are okay with conventional cellulose media.

I would much rather use the Blue Donaldson instead of the red Baldwin just because my truck is blue.
laugh.gif
I have had zero issues with the LF16035. I just wish they were easier to get. I'm not sure on how much it costs at the local cummins shop. I guess the luberfiner is a good choice too. I cut one of those open today. Will post later in the morning. These diesel filters are extremely hard cut. The can is thicker by atleast half compared to car filters.

Last edited:
It's a shame you're in Canada, I have a bunch of extra Cummins filters that I haven't used (since I've been running the Venturis), including Stratapores, Luberfiner Imperial XLs, even a NAPA Platinum or two.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
It's a shame you're in Canada, I have a bunch of extra Cummins filters that I haven't used (since I've been running the Venturis), including Stratapores, Luberfiner Imperial XLs, even a NAPA Platinum or two.

Oh well, its okay. I can get the Luberfiner XL's here pretty close by. I'm going to check it out at my truck parts store on how much a LFP780XL is. That might be the best bet. I cut open a regular Luberfiner and its pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back